Windows 10: Recovery partition needs optimization

Discus and support Recovery partition needs optimization in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I upgraded to the Creators Update, I have noticed that the Recovery partition of my hard drive reads 13% fragmented. I have tried defragmenting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by djdelarosa25, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Recovery partition needs optimization

When I upgraded to the Creators Update, I have noticed that the Recovery partition of my hard drive reads 13% fragmented. I have tried defragmenting it, but nothing happens. Having mild OCD, how do I remedy this?

:)

djdelarosa25, Apr 14, 2017
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

What are the partitions that appear in Defragment and Optimize Drives after installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

These are EFI system and/or recovery partitions.
    Microsoft is aware that these drives are appearing in Optimize Drives.
    There is no need to be worried about them – they do not indicate a problem, and they do not need to be optimized.

Microsoft is working to make changes in a future release to hide these unactionable partitions.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Lead3 Win User
    defrag and optimize drives

Yes you can ignore that drive. It does not need to be optimized. It is most likely the recovery partition and only used for system recovery. It does not effect system performance.

Lead3, Apr 14, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Recovery partition needs optimization

Absolutely no point in doing this. Its tiny, and read only.

cereberus, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Recovery partition needs optimization

1. Recovery partition needs optimization - Similar Threads - Recovery partition needs

2. I need to recreate my recovery partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to recreate my recovery partition.: I am trying to recreate my recovery partition after deleting it using Disk Part because I wanted to free up some space, but when I try to create a recovery drive it says that I am missing some files. I do not know many other ways to create a recovery partition for windows 10...
  3. needs optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    needs optimization: When i opened my defragment and optimize drive option my c drive shows the text beside it as "needs optimization 19% fragmented" but when i clicked to optimize ot is not getting completely optimized by showing ok beside it like my other drives. What is the problem?...
  4. How many recovery partitions does this need

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many recovery partitions does this need: Im low on diskstorage. Opened disk manager to find the expected recovery1 or2 but 3 recovery parts. each different size and none the standard 500mb that mircosoft claims. one is 900mb / partion2 1.34GB / and lastly a 12.47GB. which one safe to remove. can anyone indicate...
  5. Do I need three recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need three recovery partitions?: Ideally I want to consolidate space in my C: drive so I can make a small Linux installation. I'm just wondering if these three recovery partitions are necessary. Also would installing the small Linux partition on my storage drive be an feasible option? [img] 152645
  6. Partition Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partition Optimization: I have 2 partitions 1 of which is for the OS. This one is stuck at 4% fragmented and when I try to optimize it analyzer's it but doesn't go any further. Is this normal and if not what can I do to get it to optimize?...
  7. Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?: Hi: Will Win10 automatically "optimize" my SSD "Recovery" drive on schedule? I have reviewed this excellent tutorial (Optimize Drives Schedule Settings - Change in Windows 10) The System Drive and Data Drive are being automatically optimized (TRIM for the SSD and...
  8. Defragmenting (Optimizing) SSD Win 10 Recovery & EFI Partitions ?

Defragmenting (Optimizing) SSD Win 10 Recovery & EFI Partitions ?: Hi I have a Sandisk 240GB SSD with Win10 installed and I have the built in defragment/optimizer task scheduled to TRIM out the OS partition of the drive on a weekly basis, however, I didn't know whether or not to have it optimize the other system partitions as well...the...
  9. Optimizing the Recovery Partition on a SSD

Optimizing the Recovery Partition on a SSD: I have a feeling this has been asked before and the answer is “Just leave it, it doesn’t matter” I notice the recovery partition on my SSD is always reporting as “Never run” and “Needs optimizing” If you chose to optimize it does nothing. [img] Any advice on this...
  10. HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?: Hi, I have the Pavilion 15 with a SSD + HDD. The HP Recovery Partition is on the HDD. For my own comfort I deleted the SSD Partition and did a clean Windows 10 install, from an image grabbed on microsoft.com. I left the Recovery Partition AS IS. My questions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recovery image (d;) needs optimization