Windows 10: RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

Discus and support RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The recovery partition is not visible in diskpart and therefore the WinRE cannot be found. What do I do to get it to show? It was there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akintunde Mabogunje, Mar 16, 2020.

1. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

The recovery partition is not visible in diskpart and therefore the WinRE cannot be found. What do I do to get it to show? It was there before. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART. 8fa1cb19-f890-4096-9ab5-20f4101c7c23?upload=true.png RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART. a131ffac-322b-4ad5-a8e6-300b7b26c97b?upload=true.png RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART. a58b4db1-6ce7-42dc-bc7d-bd51bfcf3cea?upload=true.jpg

:)

Akintunde Mabogunje, Mar 16, 2020
  2. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART. :)

RyoTakagi, Mar 16, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 16, 2020
  4. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

1. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART. - Similar Threads - RECOVERY partition visible

2. HDD is visible in Taskmanager and diskpart but not showing in pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD is visible in Taskmanager and diskpart but not showing in pc.: The PC has 1 Nvme and 1 HDD. I installed 2nd SSD and installed Windows 10 Home single Language on it. and updated windows. However, the other drives are not showing on the PC.But TASK MANAGER showing 2 SSD and 1 HDDDISK MANAGEMENT showing 2 SSD and 1 HDD online BUT DISKPART...
  3. How do I remove a system partition from a hard drive that is not visible in Diskpart or in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a system partition from a hard drive that is not visible in Diskpart or in...: I removed a small hard drive from an old laptop and proceeded to format it and clean it for passing on to someone. I am using a sata drive adapter to USB port to look at the drive on my current Windows 11 machine.However, I have found that this drive has a system partition...
  4. How do I remove a system partition from a hard drive that is not visible in Diskpart or in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a system partition from a hard drive that is not visible in Diskpart or in...: I removed a small hard drive from an old laptop and proceeded to format it and clean it for passing on to someone. I am using a sata drive adapter to USB port to look at the drive on my current Windows 11 machine.However, I have found that this drive has a system partition...
  5. Diskpart inactive makes the partition not visible in explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Diskpart inactive makes the partition not visible in explorer: Diskpart inactive makes the partition not visible in explorer so if i download more threats the pc is gonna survive the attacks if i dont format...
  6. Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD: Hello everyone, I am doing new images for our company, and using WinPe to automate things. Usually and most of the PC that we deploy have only one disk, and than the default microsoft script does good job for me: Code: rem == CreatePartitions-UEFI.txt == rem == These...
  7. Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart

Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart: selamn aleykm my friends when i say diskpartda clean it says virtual disk servicess error what is the solution 161380
  8. Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible: Hi. I merged the recovery partition with another partition D: on the same disk. The resulting partition doesn't show up in Explorer and has no letter in Disk management :-. Neiher can I assign a letter to it e.g. using MiniTool partition wizard. Result: I can´t access the...
  9. How to sign an existing partition to EFI partition with diskpart

How to sign an existing partition to EFI partition with diskpart: I was trying to install linux on my UEFI mode windows 10 laptop couple days ago, unfortunately there's something went wrong during the installation process, the grub directly wrote data in my win10 system boot partition. Luckily I saved my data and all the partition still in...
  10. DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk: How to: DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk [img] Information Some time ago in another thread I promised a fellow Ten Forums member, esteemed geek and a good friend of mine Tony K to make him a custom DISKPART script when needed: My system at present is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recovery drive on windows 10 is not visible

2. recovery partition not showing in diskpart