Windows 10: recovery partition

Discus and support recovery partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My hp laptop suddenly threw up a twirling recovering disc image. Now many of my apps like Edge and others don't work. When I look at disc management I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveKadar, Nov 17, 2018.

1. recovery partition

My hp laptop suddenly threw up a twirling recovering disc image. Now many of my apps like Edge and others don't work. When I look at disc management I see my C drive has a recovery partition. How do I make use of this?

:)

SteveKadar, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Mario Tum Win User
    Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Nov 17, 2018
  4. adcx64 Win User

recovery partition

recovery partition

hi,

i am working on a computer that has a bad worm on it that needs to be reformatted without the original disks. It has a recovery partition. i hit f11 on startup to get the boot menu but there is no recovery partiton option.. any help????????????

Also it is a dell latitude d630 with vista business

adcx64, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

recovery partition

1. recovery partition - Similar Threads - recovery partition

2. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  3. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  4. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...: My desktop originated from Dell. It arrived with all kinds of boatware so in addition to the OEM install partition DWIN10, I created a second Windows partition WIN10 on which I installed just plain Windows 10 without Dell's junk. I also created another recovery environment...
  6. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...: My desktop originated from Dell. It arrived with all kinds of boatware so in addition to the OEM install partition DWIN10, I created a second Windows partition WIN10 on which I installed just plain Windows 10 without Dell's junk. I also created another recovery environment...
  7. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

8. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  9. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  10. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?