Windows 10: recovery partition

Discus and support recovery partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; A friend asked this and I didn't have an answer, mainly because I use Macrium reflect and image the whole drive. He was playing around with an Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by thomaseg1, Feb 10, 2020.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

recovery partition

A friend asked this and I didn't have an answer, mainly because I use Macrium reflect
    and image the whole drive.
    He was playing around with an Acer Desktop and deleted the recovery partition.
    His only other computer is an Hp laptop.
    Both latest Win 10 versions. The Laptop has a Fresh Clean install with oem win 10 number.

His question is :
    Can He copy the recovery partition from the Hp and install it on the Acer?

Using Macrium reflect this is an easy transfer but I hesitated because of the
    difference between an Acer Amd processor and a Hp Intel processor.

:)

thomaseg1, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Feb 10, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! recovery partition :)

RyoTakagi, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Mario Tum Win User

recovery partition

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

recovery partition

1. recovery partition - Similar Threads - recovery partition

2. An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An absolutely stupid problem//can I install win10 into the win8.1 recovery partition?: Coupla days ago a friend of mine brought her laptop to me, said it "doesn't restart", lol. It just boots into the win8.1 recovery tool. Plugged the HDD into my desktop, checked it with Victoria, almost perfect condition. She forgot the password, so I plugged my win10 flash...
  3. Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible: Hi. I merged the recovery partition with another partition D: on the same disk. The resulting partition doesn't show up in Explorer and has no letter in Disk management :-. Neiher can I assign a letter to it e.g. using MiniTool partition wizard. Result: I can´t access the...
  4. Win10 1909 install on new M.2 SSD - move Recovery OEM Partition from beginning to end of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1909 install on new M.2 SSD - move Recovery OEM Partition from beginning to end of...: I installed a new 2TB M.2 SSD to replace my 1TB SATA SSD as my boot/primary OS drive and did a new Win10 1909 install on it. It created a 529 MB Recovery OEM Partition at the front of the drive followed by the EFI partition and then the Boot/Primary/Win partition. I know...
  5. Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?: Hi all...my nephew was futzing around on his laptop 'cleaning' it (he likes to THINK he knows what he is doing...) and deleted the Recovery Partition to save space, but now wants it back in case of a problem down the road. It's running the most recent version of Win10 Home....
  6. Unformatted disk-Partition recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Unformatted disk-Partition recovery: So I screwed up. One of my drives that has all my music in it is showing as unformatted and I cannot access it now. There’s a lot of software out there but does anyone know of a program that will recover the partition back to the way it was? I have 300 GB of music in...
  7. Recovery Partition Upgraded when Upgrading from Win7? Or just delete.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Partition Upgraded when Upgrading from Win7? Or just delete.: Two questions: 1. My Lenovo T520 had some type of recovery partition on Windows 7 pro when I bought it as a refurbished from IBM. Not original OEM. Never had need to use it. When Windows 7 is upgraded to Windows 10, does the recovery partition also get upgraded? 2. If I...
  8. Cannot extend C Drive because Recovery Partition in front of Windows (C:)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot extend C Drive because Recovery Partition in front of Windows (C:): [ATTACH] Guys, I recently in-place upgraded a windows 7 computer to Windows 10 by means of cloning the source disk to a new SSD and then in-place upgrading.. How can I safely move the 869MB partition that is in front of the C Drive? I would like to extend the C Volume...
  9. Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk: SO I Had a big 3 TB disk, I used one partition with bitlocker GPT, another that's 200 GB with Linux ubuntu on it and one with 9 GB for linux system required partition. I wanted to remove the linux. I used AOMEI assistant to delete linux partitions, but I did it without...
  10. Multiple Windows Recovery Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Windows Recovery Partitions: My PC has multiple Windows recovery partitions, which bothers me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-windows-recovery-partitions/e91f953f-79cf-4af8-9e27-50851ec0029b