Windows 10: Recovery Partition

Discus and support Recovery Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I had transferred the recovery partition to a USB but my grandchild broke it. I have succeeded in recovering the files from that partition. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaurySzwerdszarf, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Recovery Partition

Hello.

I had transferred the recovery partition to a USB but my grandchild broke it. I have succeeded in recovering the files from that partition. Can I do something with that to have a recovery USB.

Thanks to all.

:)

MaurySzwerdszarf, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Mario Tum Win User
    Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Jul 9, 2018
  4. adcx64 Win User

Recovery Partition

recovery partition

hi,

i am working on a computer that has a bad worm on it that needs to be reformatted without the original disks. It has a recovery partition. i hit f11 on startup to get the boot menu but there is no recovery partiton option.. any help????????????

Also it is a dell latitude d630 with vista business

adcx64, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Recovery Partition

1. Recovery Partition - Similar Threads - Recovery Partition

2. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  3. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  4. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  6. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  7. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  8. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  9. Windows 10 Recovery Partition Password Bug

Windows 10 Recovery Partition Password Bug: If the user has a login PIN code in use in Windows 10. The recovery partition password can become unusable if windows 10 tries to copy login names and passwords to the recovery partition. After this, the recovery partition is completely useless and the password doesn't work...
  10. Windows 10 Recovery Partition Password Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Recovery Partition Password Bug: If the user has a login PIN code in use in Windows 10. The recovery partition password can become unusable if windows 10 tries to copy login names and passwords to the recovery partition. After this, the recovery partition is completely useless and the password doesn't work...