Windows 10: Recovery partitions

Discus and support Recovery partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lensv, Sep 7, 2018.

1. lensv Win User

Recovery partitions

I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or is the install media still required?

:)

lensv, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Mario Tum Win User
    Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Sep 7, 2018
  4. adcx64 Win User

Recovery partitions

recovery partition

hi,

i am working on a computer that has a bad worm on it that needs to be reformatted without the original disks. It has a recovery partition. i hit f11 on startup to get the boot menu but there is no recovery partiton option.. any help????????????

Also it is a dell latitude d630 with vista business

adcx64, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Recovery partitions

1. Recovery partitions - Similar Threads - Recovery partitions

2. Recovery partition has reset to Disk0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery partition has reset to Disk0: Hi forum people, I noticed this morning that my recovery partition (it used to be D drive) could not be found. I ran Disk Management and found that my external drive (it used to be G drive) had been re-assigned to D drive and my D drive was coming up as (Disk 0 partition...
  3. recovery partition/USB on new hard drive, Keeping OS on old hard drive, re-installing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery partition/USB on new hard drive, Keeping OS on old hard drive, re-installing...: If a wish to clone my HDD to my SSD to make it the boot drive, and then remove the HDD from the PC, can I include the recovery partition in the cloning process? Is it something specific to the hard drive it's on, and wouldn't work on a different hard drive? LIkewise, can a...
  4. Help with EFI partition recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with EFI partition recovery: I was using a disk clone program and for some reason it wiped out the EFI partition on both the source and the target, the machine cannot boot. I downloaded the ISO image, put it on a flash drive, configured BIOS to look at flash and it does not boot off of it. Any other...
  5. Help with EFI partition recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with EFI partition recovery: I was using a disk clone program and for some reason it wiped out the EFI partition on both the source and the target, the machine cannot boot. I downloaded the ISO image, put it on a flash drive, configured BIOS to look at flash and it does not boot off of it. Any other...
  6. Deleting recovery partition - how?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting recovery partition - how?: I've prepared the recovery USB drive - how do I now delete the recovery partition on my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-recovery-partition-how/0d943c1b-93d5-4310-8350-c995f1609505
  7. New Build - Two SSDs - System Reserved vs Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Build - Two SSDs - System Reserved vs Recovery Partition: Setting up new build with two SSDs. 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO m.2 is supposed to be for OS and programs. 1TB Crucial is supposed to be for file storage. After noticing the System Reserved on the 1TB drive, I disconnected the SSD and installed Windows with only the 500 GB...
  8. Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider

Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider: [IMG] so here the thing, i had my daily windows 10 installed on Disk 0 (SSD) (C: OS 10), and i installed more windows on the same device (dual boot) on Disk 1 (Harddisk) and become insider ( i shrink and create new partition from E: SAFE partition ), after long use, i decide...
  9. adding available space from Drive C to Recovery partition D

adding available space from Drive C to Recovery partition D: Warning of too little space remaining on drive D is very annoying sound and message in right bottom of screen. I have tried to expand the size of D, but it is greyed out on storage management and right click just says "HELP". Using command prompts does not let me increase...
  10. Hidden Data recovery from old partition after reinstalling windows 10

Hidden Data recovery from old partition after reinstalling windows 10: Hi! I have done re installation of windows 10 in brother's laptop. I don't know that there is an hidden folder in F Drive. Hidden folder contains his personal image. While reinstalling windows 10 I formatted all the drives and make new partition. Now, I used lots of recovery...