Windows 10: Recovery partitions

Discus and support Recovery partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lensv, Sep 7, 2018.

1. lensv Win User

Recovery partitions

I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or is the install media still required?

:)

lensv, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Mario Tum Win User
    Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Sep 7, 2018
  4. adcx64 Win User

Recovery partitions

recovery partition

hi,

i am working on a computer that has a bad worm on it that needs to be reformatted without the original disks. It has a recovery partition. i hit f11 on startup to get the boot menu but there is no recovery partiton option.. any help????????????

Also it is a dell latitude d630 with vista business

adcx64, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Recovery partitions

1. Recovery partitions - Similar Threads - Recovery partitions

2. Macrium Reflect Free adds a second Recovery partition when I restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free adds a second Recovery partition when I restore: Hello, I am using Macrium Relect Free to make backups of my computer. I used it to make a system image backup of Windows 10 on an SSD. To test I booted into the Macrium Rescue media USB key and restored the image to a different HDD. Macrium added another Recovery partition to...
  3. Which "Healthy Recovery partitions" to delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Which "Healthy Recovery partitions" to delete: Hello I have a Surface pro Gen 1 (quite old but still doing great) running Win 10. It only has a 64GB SSD, so I need every bit of space I can get on there. There is currently 5 healthy recovery partitions at over 10gb. I would like to hang on to the repair partition, however...
  4. Strange recovery partitions on desktop pc after formatting Ubuntu dual load, how do I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange recovery partitions on desktop pc after formatting Ubuntu dual load, how do I...: Hi, I recently formatted my Linux partition Ubuntu 21.04 I think. This caused the classic boot loader problem where I have to manually go to the partition with the loader .efi and use chainloader to boot Windows "manually".I was trying to fix this problem and I noticed a...
  5. I need to recreate my recovery partition.

I need to recreate my recovery partition.: I am trying to recreate my recovery partition after deleting it using Disk Part because I wanted to free up some space, but when I try to create a recovery drive it says that I am missing some files. I do not know many other ways to create a recovery partition for windows 10...
  6. After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy": Hello, I cloned an existing C: drive SSD to a larger SSD Crucial 500GB NVMe to Crucial 2TB NVMe using the Acronis Disk Clone software that came with the new SSD. Seems to have worked, Windows boots, etc. However, the partition on the cloned drive that used to be labeled...
  7. Recovery of windows and list volume partitions

Recovery of windows and list volume partitions: My body deleted windows 10 operating system off of his computer on accident. I am using a USB installation media to reload the operating system. However i have found that the partitions for his system are missing. i will list what i have found while in the Command prompt. I...
  8. 13GB unused Recovery Partition

13GB unused Recovery Partition: I have so many recovery partitions and I can't delete any of them. And there's also 13MB unallocated memory which I can't merge. Is the 13GB recovery partition necessary? or can I delete it? If I can delete it, then how? Thanks in advance[ATTACH]...
  9. Wiping the free space in recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping the free space in recovery partition: I'm selling my laptop and deleting everything except the windows. Is there a way to securely wipe the free space in recovery and uefi partitions?i did the other volumes with cipher w in cmd but don't know how to address these drives with that command. submitted by /u/cs-k...
  10. Is there a way to delete EFI System and Recovery partitions from an SSD that was formerly...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to delete EFI System and Recovery partitions from an SSD that was formerly...: Long story short, I recently yesterday got a new laptop. I found out the laptop has an additional slot for another M.2 format SSD, one of which I had at hand and unused. I managed to get the SSD recogniced by Windows completely fine, but there is one... annoyance with it: The...