Windows 10: Recovery partitions

Discus and support Recovery partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lensv, Sep 7, 2018.

1. lensv Win User

Recovery partitions

I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or is the install media still required?

:)

lensv, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Mario Tum Win User
    Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Sep 7, 2018
  4. adcx64 Win User

Recovery partitions

recovery partition

hi,

i am working on a computer that has a bad worm on it that needs to be reformatted without the original disks. It has a recovery partition. i hit f11 on startup to get the boot menu but there is no recovery partiton option.. any help????????????

Also it is a dell latitude d630 with vista business

adcx64, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Recovery partitions

1. Recovery partitions - Similar Threads - Recovery partitions

2. Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ?: Hello, Want to learn about MDT/WDS but have a very specific requirement. I've to deploy Windows 10 64 bit on 15 computers which already have lots of data in their D & E partitions. Taking their backup & restoring them after deployment is not practical. So I want to install...
  3. Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions: I just used Partition Magic to reconfigure my partitions as shown below: [img] The 925GB recovery partition is no longer recognised - see the reagentc reconfiguration command below: C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /setreimage /path...
  4. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  5. Lost recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost recovery partition: I am trying to format a disk drive removed from a dead computer and use it as a back-up external drive. I was looking at some software from Disk Utility software from Paragon and had the external drive connected to my PC. While in the Paragon software, the screen went black...
  6. WinRE/Recovery partition in W10 system created from MS-supplied media

WinRE/Recovery partition in W10 system created from MS-supplied media: I am rather confused by a 'heated discussion' I’ve been having in another forum , and wonder if anyone can help clarify matters for me. Every Windows 10 system I’ve seen (albeit not a vast number) has (unless people have deleted it/them) had at least one ‘recovery’...
  7. How can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows?: I have Windows 10 Version 1803. I recently reinstalled Windows on a new hard drive. The old hard drive that used to contain Windows still has the Recovery Partition which I would like to delete but there's no option to do anything with it when I right click on it. How can...
  8. recovery d partition

recovery d partition: how do I find out what files were mistakenly saved to the recovery d partition and can they be deleted without screwing up the recovery info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-d-partition/d13b5aff-6002-4804-b3f7-b7e8f958f561
  9. Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10...

Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10...: I purchased a laptop with windows 10 home installed. After about a week I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. Now I know that the factory recovery will put back the Home version, but does that partition get updated when you upgrade to the Pro version. In other words, if...
  10. Recovery partition has reset to Disk0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery partition has reset to Disk0: Hi forum people, I noticed this morning that my recovery partition (it used to be D drive) could not be found. I ran Disk Management and found that my external drive (it used to be G drive) had been re-assigned to D drive and my D drive was coming up as (Disk 0 partition...