Windows 10: Recovery partitions

Discus and support Recovery partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lensv, Sep 7, 2018.

1. lensv Win User

Recovery partitions

I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or is the install media still required?

:)

lensv, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Mario Tum Win User
    Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Sep 7, 2018
  4. adcx64 Win User

Recovery partitions

recovery partition

hi,

i am working on a computer that has a bad worm on it that needs to be reformatted without the original disks. It has a recovery partition. i hit f11 on startup to get the boot menu but there is no recovery partiton option.. any help????????????

Also it is a dell latitude d630 with vista business

adcx64, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Recovery partitions

1. Recovery partitions - Similar Threads - Recovery partitions

2. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October: After and upgrade from MS in October I noticed my computer was becoming sluggish and a number of documents in files had disappeared. I save all documents on external "F" Drive. After upgrade, my "F" symbol was changed to "G", and now my external drive is "G". I didn't...
  3. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October: After and upgrade from MS in October I noticed my computer was becoming sluggish and a number of documents in files had disappeared. I save all documents on external "F" Drive. After upgrade, my "F" symbol was changed to "G", and now my external drive is "G". I didn't...
  4. Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence: I have a Sony Vaio laptop that I want to reboot from the Windows 7 recovery partition since every attempt to stop Windows 10 running slow has now failed. Will doing this remove my ability to upgrade the Windows 7 recovery version back to Windows 10? I don't want to...
  5. An attempt to create a Recovery partition on z partiton on the /d: trashed all the data on...

An attempt to create a Recovery partition on z partiton on the /d: trashed all the data on...: It started as an interesting observation: a recovery partiton is neatly located on disk 0, partition 3. So if something would happen to the disk, the whole thing would be lost, while the recovery now is neatly allocated itself 450 mb on /c: drive. What can be simpler? - let's...
  6. How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?

How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?: I want to merge the E and D drive. But cant do it because of the 2 OEM partitions in between. Is there any way to merge the E and D drive on my disk...
  7. Windows 10 Disk Partition Corrupted during Recovery

Windows 10 Disk Partition Corrupted during Recovery: Perhaps I can get a pointer in the right direction, I will try and keep it short. On Oct 14 my laptop seemed to be slow so I decided to do a roll-back with system restore, well it never recovered and went into a recovery loop I could not get out of. I thought I had made a...
  8. Recovery partition is too big?

Recovery partition is too big?: Hey! I am rocking a new 120gb Kingston SSD on my pc and here is the deal. Ive been making these restore points once every month. and i just recently got a notification that im out of space. Now i thought "Wait, windows already used 120 gigs of my ssd?" and went to my pc to...
  9. Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition: Notebook came with 2 internal drives. One an HDD platter and the other a speedy SSD PCI Express NVMe. Shortly after purchase in Dec of last year I used the media creation tool and downloaded the win 10 iso and installed it on the HDD platter which allowed me to dual boot...
  10. Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition: Notebook came with 2 internal drives. One an HDD platter and the other a speedy SSD PCI Express NVMe. Shortly after purchase in Dec of last year I used the media creation tool and downloaded the win 10 iso and installed it on the HDD platter which allowed me to dual boot...