Windows 10: Recovery Question

Discus and support Recovery Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Working with a laptop that was upgraded from 7 to 10. need to go back to 7 but its been a few months since the upgrade. I know I could do a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by copiman, Feb 18, 2016.

1. copiman Win User

Recovery Question

Working with a laptop that was upgraded from 7 to 10. need to go back to 7 but its been a few months since the upgrade. I know I could do a clean install but would like to do a recovery if possible. There is a recovery partition. Wanted to be sure the recovery partition is for 7 and NOT 10. I'm not sure if it is and was needing some help in this.

:)

copiman, Feb 18, 2016

2. System Recovery - Question

To answer your query, the recovery drive method of restoring to original factory condition is different with the clean install of Windows. Clean install is bundled with Windows itself and does not include the pre-installed applications from the manufacturer
    on your computer.

Feel free to post back if you have further queries.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    System Recovery - Question

Thanks Stephanie and Bulldog for your help.

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Feb 18, 2016
  4. sn00ker Win User

Recovery Question

I would say its most likely the original operating system that came with the laptop and I doubt highly its windows 10. Is the partition hidden?

sn00ker, Feb 18, 2016
  5. copiman Win User
    Sorry for the delay. Just got back from class. I can see it in "This PC" so I would think no.

copiman, Feb 18, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    It has to be 7. How would 10 have gotten on there.

7. copiman Win User
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to use it to restore back to out of box. Hey, worst case I can always do a clean install.

EDIT: Just found this out and thought I would add it here. Since I had 10 I could not access the software to use the recovery partition. To get around this, I made the recovery partition active and rebooted. This loaded the HP software and I was able to get the laptop back to factory settings.

copiman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recovery Question

1. Recovery Question - Similar Threads - Recovery Question

2. Windows 11 recovery question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 recovery question: if i reset my computer on windows 11 but choose to keep my files will it save my files on all of my drives or just the c drivenote i have a second drive mounted inside the pc...
  3. Windows 11 recovery question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 recovery question: if i reset my computer on windows 11 but choose to keep my files will it save my files on all of my drives or just the c drivenote i have a second drive mounted inside the pc...
  4. Cannot verify old email address. mobile number not in use anymore and recovery questions...

Cannot verify old email address. mobile number not in use anymore and recovery questions...: Hi,I have been trying to get into an old email address for quite some time, with ZERO help from microsoft, or any way of contacting some sort of customer service dept.When i go to log into the email address, I enter the correct password which then takes me to a page where i...
  5. Cannot verify old email address. mobile number not in use anymore and recovery questions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot verify old email address. mobile number not in use anymore and recovery questions...: Hi,I have been trying to get into an old email address for quite some time, with ZERO help from microsoft, or any way of contacting some sort of customer service dept.When i go to log into the email address, I enter the correct password which then takes me to a page where i...
  6. Windows 10 for home device encryption - dumb question on recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 for home device encryption - dumb question on recovery key: Hello,My dumb questions are: - Is the account recovery key also used for Windows 10 for home device encryption *without bitlocker*? - If not, where do I find the decryption key for that non-bitlocker device?Background:I have a laptop equipped with Windows 10 for home. The...
  7. Windows 10 for home device encryption - dumb question on recovery key

Windows 10 for home device encryption - dumb question on recovery key: Hello,My dumb questions are: - Is the account recovery key also used for Windows 10 for home device encryption *without bitlocker*? - If not, where do I find the decryption key for that non-bitlocker device?Background:I have a laptop equipped with Windows 10 for home. The...
  8. Windows 10 for home device encryption - dumb question on recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows Recovery Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Question: I've noticed in Recovery there are 2 options: "Reset this PC' and "Restart now' Resetting removes all my apps I installed; I believe.Restart no is to access removable media among other things.My question is, is it possible to back up my system and all my apps today and...
  10. Windows Recovery Question

Windows Recovery Question: I've noticed in Recovery there are 2 options: "Reset this PC' and "Restart now' Resetting removes all my apps I installed; I believe.Restart no is to access removable media among other things.My question is, is it possible to back up my system and all my apps today and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acronis recover winre_drv