Windows 10: Recovery > Remove Files and Clean the Drive doesn't seem to be working; I want to erase all...

Discus and support Recovery > Remove Files and Clean the Drive doesn't seem to be working; I want to erase all... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to remove everything from an old laptop running Windows 10 before disposing of it. I've tried Recovery >Remove Files and Clean the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewGreen888, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Recovery > Remove Files and Clean the Drive doesn't seem to be working; I want to erase all...

I want to remove everything from an old laptop running Windows 10 before disposing of it. I've tried Recovery >Remove Files and Clean the Drive......but it just seems to get stuck on 'Resetting your PC 1% ' for an hour plus, and not progress beyond that. Is it that I'm just not waiting long enough?

:)

AndrewGreen888, Jul 9, 2020
  2. stevednmc Win User

Help! File recovery software?

Anyone have any suggestions on good software to recovery as much data as possible from an accidentally erased hard drive? Workin on a client pc and it seems he took it to geek squad once and they may have erased the hdd. Preferably a freeware one but ill pay if necessary. This guy has tons of photos from his tour in Iraq and they are priceless! if i can recover at least some it will be worthwhile for him....and me!

stevednmc, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Bree, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Melvis Win User

Recovery > Remove Files and Clean the Drive doesn't seem to be working; I want to erase all...

Best hard drive recovery data program?

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know from you all what would be the best recovery program to use to get files off a dying hard drive? The files arnt lost, or deleted etc, its just that the HDD is in poor shape and windows cant access the drive fully, it can see the drive but no access it, so i was wondering what's a good program that can just list all the files on the drive so i can back them up?

Im current using "Recover my files" but it only seems to get file's that have been deleted, not helpful, im also going to try Norton Ghost, that might work?

Thanks in advance *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Recovery > Remove Files and Clean the Drive doesn't seem to be working; I want to erase all...

1. Recovery > Remove Files and Clean the Drive doesn't seem to be working; I want to erase all... - Similar Threads - Recovery Remove Files

2. Headphone jack doesn't seem to want to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack doesn't seem to want to work: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 Business Laptop that I bought to replace my Dell, for Djaying & Karaoke. I tried to use it for the first time this past weekend & when I plugged the AUX wire from the amplifier to the headphone jack - The only music that came out was from...
  3. Headphone jack doesn't seem to want to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack doesn't seem to want to work: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 Business Laptop that I bought to replace my Dell, for Djaying & Karaoke. I tried to use it for the first time this past weekend & when I plugged the AUX wire from the amplifier to the headphone jack - The only music that came out was from...
  4. Headphone jack doesn't seem to want to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  6. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  7. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. File encryption doesn't seem to be working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File encryption doesn't seem to be working: I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to encrypt a file. I select the file, go to Properties, go to Advanced. Encrypt contents to secure data is available, and I check that box. I hit OK, then Apply. I'm prompted to encrypt the parent folder, and I select Yes. Then nothing...
  9. Create Recovery Drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Create Recovery Drive doesn't work: Running upgraded Win 10 Pro X64. Tried to create a recovery drive but it doesn't work. [img] Ran DISM and SFC yesterday and both ran clean. I'll try them again now and see what happens. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Recovery thumb drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery thumb drive doesn't work: I made a recovery thumb drive according to the directions, and it told me that it was finished. I opened it and it has all the recovery and boot files. But when I tested it, nothing happened. I tried removing it and restated, turned off my rig, and replaced the thumb drive....