Windows 10: Recovery repair looping

Discus and support Recovery repair looping in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft upgraded my Win7 HP Compaq nx7400 Laptop to Win10 free of charge and it worked fine. Hence I have no cd or dvd. Having already got Win10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crockhamtown, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Recovery repair looping

Microsoft upgraded my Win7 HP Compaq nx7400 Laptop to Win10 free of charge and it worked fine. Hence I have no cd or dvd.

Having already got Win10 on my PC, Parkard Bell an Toshiba laptops which are working fine, I neglected to make a recovery usb for the HP laptop.

I want to give the HP Laptop to a friend as a backup. However when I tried it recently it wouldn't start properly. It went into repair mode but it started looping such that I could not get to safe mode or a restore point. "Preparing Automatic Repair / Diagnosing Your PC" was the loop message.

I have tried the media creation tool but that fails with error message 0x80004005 – 0xa001a.

I did manage, when the HP Laptop first worked, to get the Win10 version which is 1703* 15063.540

:)

crockhamtown, Mar 23, 2019
  2. larry Win User

Automatic Repair Loop Continued Woes

The automatic repair loop might be caused by the following issues:
    • filesystem corruption
    • corrupt MBR or BCD
    • improper registry settings
    This article covers all the possible reasons and solutions:
    Fix Automatic Startup Repair Loop in Windows 10, 8 and 7 | Password Recovery

I hope this helps!

larry, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows recovery loop

Hi,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

Are you able to Windows recovery environment?

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

Do let us know if you are able to boot to desktop. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Recovery repair looping

Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Recovery repair looping

1. Recovery repair looping - Similar Threads - Recovery repair looping

2. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair loop: Hey, i wasn't on my pc for a few days and I tried to boot it and I had the repair window but it said it couldn't repair the pc, if I try to reset my pc it gives me an error, i tried all ways.I also tried to start in safe mode and i had the blue screen.I also tried to run some...
  3. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair loop: Hey, i wasn't on my pc for a few days and I tried to boot it and I had the repair window but it said it couldn't repair the pc, if I try to reset my pc it gives me an error, i tried all ways.I also tried to start in safe mode and i had the blue screen.I also tried to run some...
  4. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop: I was using my PC as normal and then suddenly one of my two monitors stops working, the other is fine for about 10 minutes and then I blue screen. From then on I was unable to boot up into windows as normal and got stuck bsod after bsod, with errors page fault in nonpaged...
  5. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop: I was using my PC as normal and then suddenly one of my two monitors stops working, the other is fine for about 10 minutes and then I blue screen. From then on I was unable to boot up into windows as normal and got stuck bsod after bsod, with errors page fault in nonpaged...
  6. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC Stuck in Repair Loop, Recovery Manager missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Stuck in Repair Loop, Recovery Manager missing: Hey, I’ve run into this error dozens of times on my HP Omen gaming laptop and the easiest fix for me was to reset my PC to factory by using the option found in the Recovery Manager; because nothing else worked. And now, my Recovery Manager is missing! So now, im unable to fix...
  8. Win10 recovery repair is looping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 recovery repair is looping: Microsoft upgraded my Win7 HP Compaq nx7400 Laptop to Win10 free of charge and it worked fine. Hence I have no cd or dvd. Having already got Win10 on my PC and laptop which are working fine, I neglected to make a recovery usb for the HP laptop. I want to give the HP Laptop...
  9. Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Loop: My HP computer is stuck in a repair loop. I am running windows 10. I currently have the computer running in safe mode but I cannot start the computer normally without being caught in a loop....
  10. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair loop: Im stuck in a repair loop, happend when I was updating windows10. I have tried almost everything on this forum Fix: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Couldn’t Repair Your PC. Gonna leave some pictures, can please some tech genius tell me what to do. [img] [img] [img] 82882