Windows 10: Recovery reset for Windows 10 didn’t finish and now laptop keeps freezing.

Discus and support Recovery reset for Windows 10 didn’t finish and now laptop keeps freezing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently reset my laptop as i hadnt updated it in a while and it was running a bit slow. However, when ever i tried to update my laptop in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nataliej19, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Recovery reset for Windows 10 didn’t finish and now laptop keeps freezing.

I recently reset my laptop as i hadnt updated it in a while and it was running a bit slow. However, when ever i tried to update my laptop in the past it always came through as it had failed so i went into settings, recovery and rest my laptop where you could keep your personal files. I left it over night to do its thing and restart, but when i got up in the morning and checked to see if it had worked it was still on the blue screen and showed it was only at 67%. Again i left it to carry on but when i checked again my laptop run out of battery and shut off.

After i plugged it in to charge, the laptop worked as normal with me being able to log in fine, come to my home page and wait for eveything to load but now it keeps freezing and not letting me move my mouse or use my keys to try and do Ctrl + Alt + delete. I have also tried pressing the Esc button two times but neither of them work and i just wnd up having to force shut down by holding the power button.

If anyone has any tips to help would be great !

:)

Nataliej19, Sep 18, 2020

2. Laptop running Windows 10 keeps freezing

Hi,

Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, such us running a hardware diagnostic test on all hardware components, checked the system files, updated all drivers, and as well the BIOS, then this is perhaps an issue with the laptop itself. Now,
    to isolate what is causing performance issues on your laptop, we suggest that you perform a factory reset, then check if it's the same. To perform the suggest step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

If the issue persists after performing the suggested step, contact the laptop manufacturer to have it replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Recovery reset for Windows 10 didn’t finish and now laptop keeps freezing.

Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Recovery reset for Windows 10 didn’t finish and now laptop keeps freezing.

1. Recovery reset for Windows 10 didn’t finish and now laptop keeps freezing. - Similar Threads - Recovery reset didn’t

2. Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing: Everytime my laptop has been on for a few hours or sometimes even right as i open it it always freezes right as im trying to type or whenever i try to play a game it freezes and i have to wait a few seconds then i can do whatever i was doing, it usually also freezes whenever...
  3. Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing: Everytime my laptop has been on for a few hours or sometimes even right as i open it it always freezes right as im trying to type or whenever i try to play a game it freezes and i have to wait a few seconds then i can do whatever i was doing, it usually also freezes whenever...
  4. Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key: An employee was let go at our work. I need to reset their PC but they used Bitlocker. I do not have their recovery key or password to their account. I am trying to fully reset this PC, but Bitlocker will not let me continue. Is there a way to reset this PC and delete their...
  5. Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key: An employee was let go at our work. I need to reset their PC but they used Bitlocker. I do not have their recovery key or password to their account. I am trying to fully reset this PC, but Bitlocker will not let me continue. Is there a way to reset this PC and delete their...
  6. Recovery Reset, Old laptop not working properly now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Reset, Old laptop not working properly now: I had issues with keyboard adding random characters. Did a Recovery Reset, to keep photos. Still have keboard issue. Add laptop’s Lan is connected, however, network settings doesnt recognize it. Plus now I’m asked for windows activation code. I bought my Asus laptop in 2014...
  7. Windows 10 keeps freezing after Reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps freezing after Reset.: Microsoft needs to repair it's latest download for it causes my laptop to continuously freeze. This is very frustrating when I am trying to do my work from home due to the Virus. If Microsoft still wants to be the prominent search engine on the market it needs to correct...
  8. Reset PC and installed Windows 10 freezing the laptop now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC and installed Windows 10 freezing the laptop now: My laptop recently automatically installed the latest Windows 10 updates as of 26th April 2020. However, after installation of the updates, my laptop would freeze completely and randomly - screen unresponsive and ctrl+alt+del did nothing - only way to fix was to restart the...
  9. Windows 10 factory reset not finishing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 factory reset not finishing: So I would usually do 1 to 2 factory resets a year, because I have a habit of filling my laptop up with music, programs and pictures, it would get really full and unorganized, im too lazy to organize it so I would do a factory reset. After the factory reset finished I would...
  10. Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly: Hi there, I bought an MSI GT80 gaming laptop a couple of months ago and updated from Windows 8.1 to 10. Since then however I keep getting random freezes that completely lock up my system where nothing works anymore. (mouse doesn't move etc.) The only way to fix it is to...