Windows 10: Recovery Reset, Old laptop not working properly now

Discus and support Recovery Reset, Old laptop not working properly now in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had issues with keyboard adding random characters. Did a Recovery Reset, to keep photos. Still have keboard issue. Add laptop’s Lan is connected,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ROXANNESHULAR, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Recovery Reset, Old laptop not working properly now

I had issues with keyboard adding random characters. Did a Recovery Reset, to keep photos. Still have keboard issue. Add laptop’s Lan is connected, however, network settings doesnt recognize it. Plus now I’m asked for windows activation code. I bought my Asus laptop in 2014 with Windows 8. When windows 10 was released, updates kept prompting to upgrade for free. Several months later I upgraded to windows 10, this was several yrs ago, so have no product code. I mainly store photos and my videos on this laptop and don’t own an eternal hard drive. I just started using the laptop in March after several years of storage. I also use it for web browsing and YouTube. I chose reset, so I don’t lose my photos. Now the troubleshooter says not connected to the web. Yet im watching youtube and pulling up some internet pages. Please help, Ive wasted hrs trying to fix these errors!

:)

ROXANNESHULAR, Aug 30, 2020
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144395

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. Recovery Reset, Old laptop not working properly now

Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Recovery Reset, Old laptop not working properly now

1. Recovery Reset, Old laptop not working properly now - Similar Threads - Recovery Reset Old

2. Need to reinstall windows 8 on a laptop the recovery drive reset didn't work and now the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reinstall windows 8 on a laptop the recovery drive reset didn't work and now the...: HiI have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that came with Windows 8 when I purchased it new. There was a recovery drive. I wanted to wipe it clean for my nephew but something went wrong and now there is an error saying no boot device. I need to reinstall Windows but the product key...
  3. Need to reinstall windows 8 on a laptop the recovery drive reset didn't work and now the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to reinstall windows 8 on a laptop the recovery drive reset didn't work and now the...: HiI have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that came with Windows 8 when I purchased it new. There was a recovery drive. I wanted to wipe it clean for my nephew but something went wrong and now there is an error saying no boot device. I need to reinstall Windows but the product key...
  4. Laptop not working properly

Laptop not working properly: Hi, so I have an issue with my laptop. Each time I launch a game, after a few minutes, the whole system start's to lag, with the game fps and performance-wise and the fans don't stop spinning at a high rpm even when there is no real load I can feel the fans blowing cold air....
  5. After Reset Windows 10 now working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Reset Windows 10 now working properly.: I have recently Reset my Lenovo laptop. I have selected the remove everything option the proceeds to my reset. After resetting I have encountered an error with my user log-in it only shows "other user" so I have followed some tutorials to use the administrator user.When I was...
  6. After Reset Windows 10 now working properly.

After Reset Windows 10 now working properly.: I have recently Reset my Lenovo laptop. I have selected the remove everything option the proceeds to my reset. After resetting I have encountered an error with my user log-in it only shows "other user" so I have followed some tutorials to use the administrator user.When I was...
  7. After Reset Windows 10 now working properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reset old work laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset old work laptop: Hi guys, I have an old work laptop that was never returned and I was wondering if there is any way for me to reset this in order to use this as a personal laptop. It’s a Dell Latitude 3400 running Windows 10. Upon start up, the system is running McAfee Device Encryption...
  9. dropped phone on laptop and now it's not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dropped phone on laptop and now it's not working properly: I dropped my phone on my Acer Aspire V3-571, on the right side of the touch pad. My laptop then restarted and when I logged in the box saying that My computer needs to restart in 1 minute came up. since then it has not been acting properly, the mouse jumps sometimes if I'm...
  10. Laptop is not working properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is not working properly: When I start my laptop by pressing power on button, after booting, it directly takes me to my password screen( earlier it first shows my lock screen wallpaper) but it does not take password input. Either I had to on and off my filter key from ease so today I disabled my...