Windows 10: Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

Discus and support Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by curiositykt, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the data drive) and so I decided to reset the computer to defaults and start over.

So I went to Recovery and then Reset this PC, and selected remove everything, and it seemed to be going fine until it rebooted and went to the "Hi there, Let's get a few basic things out of the way. What's your home country/region? What's your preferred app language? (and so on, but just that page)

The first time I tried this, it asked for my Wifi password, which I entered. It then displayed a page saying "Why did my PC restart?" There's a problem that's keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help you get things working again. Here's how to get the update:
    1. Make sure your PC is plugged in (it is)
    2. If this PC uses Wi-Fi, select Next to follow instructions to connect to a Wi-Fi network (after the first time, it doesn't go here anymore)
    3. If this PC does not use Wi-Fi, insert a network cable to connect to a wired network, and select Next.
    4. Once you're connected, select Next, and the update will install.

However, pressing next results in "Just a moment" with the wait circle. And after a few minutes, it goes back to "Hi there, Let's get a few basic things out of the way."

I've tried holding down the power button to give it a hard reset, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    - Stephanie

Dell G3 3579

:)

curiositykt, Jun 17, 2019

2. New Windows 10 notebook stuck in resetting

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you access or stop the loop from reappearing. To perform
    Power Drain follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.
    If you are able to exit the loop, I would suggest that you access
    Windows Recovery Environment
    and perform Reset with Keep my files option. Refer to the section
    Reset your PC in the article Recovery options in
    Windows 10 provided in the link below to know more about this function.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Decrypt Win User
    Windows 10 stuck in diagnostics loop

Laptop : Sony vaio Model number : SVF152125NB Running O.S : dual boot (Windows 10 and Ubuntu)

After the last update (probably at June 2018, I don't remember the exact update name/ID) from Windows, my pc is stuck in the Infinite loop of "diagnosing your PC ".

I tried with going into recovery mode but using that method also ends up in this loop.

After this issue I am using Ubuntu by using force shut down method. And turn on which results in grub option.

Anyone pls suggest me the solution !!

Decrypt, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

Factory Reset 64% Loop

Hi,

Since you can't get past the boot loop, try to access Windows Recovery Environment and do a Startup repair by following the steps below:

• Press and hold the power button to turn off the device (If PC still stuck in the loop).
    • Once turned off, power on the device. Once you see the manufacturer logo, press and hold the power button to turn it off again.
    • Do this process three times then power on the device again to boot to
      Windows Recovery Environment.

In Windows Recovery Environment, usually you will see options like Continue, Troubleshoot, Use a Device.

In this case, please choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair.
    This will allow you to fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from booting successfully.

Keep us posted. We'll be here for further help.

Israel Arn, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

1. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop - Similar Threads - Recovery Reset Stuck

2. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop: Hello,My pc shut down suddenly and after turning it on again it went into the bitlocker recovery page. It used to have the "skip this drive" option but I can't see it after entering the recovery key and it's looping it back to the recovery page again no matter what. I have 2...
  3. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop: Hello,My pc shut down suddenly and after turning it on again it went into the bitlocker recovery page. It used to have the "skip this drive" option but I can't see it after entering the recovery key and it's looping it back to the recovery page again no matter what. I have 2...
  4. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC stuck in windows recovery loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck in windows recovery loop: So I wanted to restore my whole PC so it’s all fresh again and maybe speed it up, so I started to restore it. It got to 100% and then it brought me to the blue page where it says stuff like select your country, keyboard layout etc. Obviously I put United Kingdom. So all that...
  6. PC Stuck in Repair Loop, Recovery Manager missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Stuck in Repair Loop, Recovery Manager missing: Hey, I’ve run into this error dozens of times on my HP Omen gaming laptop and the easiest fix for me was to reset my PC to factory by using the option found in the Recovery Manager; because nothing else worked. And now, my Recovery Manager is missing! So now, im unable to fix...
  7. Stuck in a reset loop

Stuck in a reset loop: Hello. I was factory resetting my MSI laptop when the battery died and cut the computer off. When I turned it back on the msi logo pops up .loads the reset screen for a couple of seconds then starts that process all over again non stop....
  8. Stuck on recovery boot loop

Stuck on recovery boot loop: My laptop booted to windows 10 with all my files deleted no desktop icons and other data was deleted. I tried to hp recovery to reset to factory condition Windows 7. But after completion of the recovery process, it shows incomplete restoration and shows 3 options - save...
  9. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop: I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the data drive) and so I decided to reset the computer to defaults and start over. So I went to Recovery and then Reset this PC,...
  10. My PC is stuck in a recovery loop

My PC is stuck in a recovery loop: My PC is stuck in a recovery loop. I have tried to wipe it and boot it from a Windows usb and disk and tried wiping the hard drive using someone else computer and only 200gb shows instead of 3tb...