Windows 10: Recovery - Reset this PC

Discus and support Recovery - Reset this PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, Is there any way to automate the setup after resetting the PC with the option "Remove everything". I´m looking for something like installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by diegodct, Jul 23, 2018.

1. diegodct Win User

Recovery - Reset this PC

Hi guys,

Is there any way to automate the setup after resetting the PC with the option "Remove everything". I´m looking for something like installing a remote control tool or execute some scripts.

Thank you.

:)

diegodct, Jul 23, 2018

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Reset this PC function In Recovery

Hi Wayne,

Since your machine was clean installed with 1703 previously without any issues, Windows.old folder will not be available since you successfully performed a clean install.

Every time you upgrade your PC from an older version of Windows to Windows 10 without first formatting the hard drive, or when you install a new Windows Insider Preview test build, the install wizard will save a copy of the previous version inside of the "Windows.old"
    folder on your computer. If everything is working as expected after upgrading to Windows 10, you probably don't need these files, as they consume your hard drive space.

The System Reserve Partition (SRP) is a small partition on your hard drive that stores
    boot information for Windows. This contains the Windows boot manager and boot configuration data.
    Reset your PC is a recovery method on Windows 10 usually uses a bootable media as backup. We suggest that you check these articles for more information about Reset your PC:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Recovery - Reset this PC

Resetting my pc

Hi Timothee,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like to know if you are trying to Rest your PC through Windows Recovery Environment.

I would suggest that you access Windows Recovery Environment, and try to perform
    Reset. To do so follow the steps below.

• Go to the Lock Screen, press and hold the Shift key and the
      Power Icon located on the right bottom corner of the screen.

• Then Click on Restart, then a prompt will appear to
      Restart anyway, click on it. This will take you to the Recovery Environment.

• Once there, click on Troubleshoot, then click on
      Reset.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Recovery - Reset this PC

1. Recovery - Reset this PC - Similar Threads - Recovery Reset

2. Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition: Hello,I recently reset my computer completely and reinstalled Windows. There is not recovery partition, and /reagentc commands don't work. /enable says "boot configuration data missing" and /setreimage does nothing. I checked via /info and it says it is still disabled.I wish...
  3. Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition: Hello,I recently reset my computer completely and reinstalled Windows. There is not recovery partition, and /reagentc commands don't work. /enable says "boot configuration data missing" and /setreimage does nothing. I checked via /info and it says it is still disabled.I wish...
  4. Reset a Windows 10 that does not have recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to factory reset laptop without bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset laptop without bitlocker recovery key?: Hello,I'm lock out of using my laptop by bitlocker recovery key. Unfortunately my Microsoft account got disconnected from my laptop and my bitlocker recovery key is no longer accessible through it. I have most of my hings stored therefore the biggest issue is to be able to...
  6. How to factory reset laptop without bitlocker recovery key?

How to factory reset laptop without bitlocker recovery key?: Hello,I'm lock out of using my laptop by bitlocker recovery key. Unfortunately my Microsoft account got disconnected from my laptop and my bitlocker recovery key is no longer accessible through it. I have most of my hings stored therefore the biggest issue is to be able to...
  7. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?: Windows 10 desktop.I left my computer on for a few days. One morning after I woke up, it was off I had not turned it off. On startup, the motherboard symbol will display and tell me it is "diagnosing" and "performing automatic repair" respectively. Windows will then display...
  8. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?: Windows 10 desktop.I left my computer on for a few days. One morning after I woke up, it was off I had not turned it off. On startup, the motherboard symbol will display and tell me it is "diagnosing" and "performing automatic repair" respectively. Windows will then display...
  9. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key

Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key: I bought an already used Lenovo computer from the internet for university.But when I started the pc, I saw that theres already an account on it.So I wanted to reset the pc but when I pressed "reset the pc" they asked me for an recovery key.I dont have that key because as I...