Windows 10: Recovery - restore my files

Discus and support Recovery - restore my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recovery carried out after crash while closing a programme when power went off. Lost many apps/files but see them in the background of EDGE on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JulianQB, Dec 6, 2020.

1. JulianQB Win User

Recovery - restore my files

Recovery carried out after crash while closing a programme when power went off. Lost many apps/files but see them in the background of EDGE on the screen. Still seem to have a few but can't restore most.

I want all my files back as I have a family history tree with over 23000 names and info which I don't want to lose amongst about 8 years of work.

Reloaded my Epson SX415 printer disc but now the computer can print but says the PC doesn't recognise the scanner!! Grateful for help please.

:)

JulianQB, Dec 6, 2020
  2. niciuffo Win User

RAID0 recovery?

Hmm okay, and how do I restore them? With a recovery software? Can you suggest one that works, maybe freeware? (I remember the name Recuva...)

niciuffo, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Recovery - restore my files

how to restore pc from recovery partition

In F8, there are plenty options but no option like recovery..one option named directory services recovery

freebird_9924, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Recovery - restore my files

1. Recovery - restore my files - Similar Threads - Recovery restore files

2. Recovery/Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery/Restore Problems: When I try to do a restore or recovery on my computer I get an error message that says:c:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe File system error -1073741515What can I do to fix this so I can do a restore or recovery?Thanks...
  3. Windows File Recovery App - help restoring file not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Recovery App - help restoring file not appearing: I am running the Windows File Recovery App on my Windows 11 computer, trying to find some files that i accidentally deleted and cannot find in the recycle bin etc.After running the app, The folder with the missing documents will appear in my external hard drive, but when I go...
  4. Windows File Recovery App - help restoring file not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Recovery App - help restoring file not appearing: I am running the Windows File Recovery App on my Windows 11 computer, trying to find some files that i accidentally deleted and cannot find in the recycle bin etc.After running the app, The folder with the missing documents will appear in my external hard drive, but when I go...
  5. Restore recovery partition

Restore recovery partition: I was working on the Disk Management window and saw there were 2 Recovery partitions like the image below with no name. One was 700MB and the other was 500MB. I could not perform any actions to both of them. After doing what I was doing in the disk management using a 3rd...
  6. Restore recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore recovery partition: I was working on the Disk Management window and saw there were 2 Recovery partitions like the image below with no name. One was 700MB and the other was 500MB. I could not perform any actions to both of them. After doing what I was doing in the disk management using a 3rd...
  7. Restore recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Recovery/Restore

Windows Recovery/Restore: So recently i tried to download a game and it gave me a virus so im currently trying to restore my laptop to an earlier version before the virus got on it. Its been an hour of recovery now and im getting concerned but i did delete pretty huge games and files like gta V and...
  9. Restoring recovery partition

Restoring recovery partition: I have a client who has Windows 10 running in a VM. He set the virtual boot drive size too conservatively, and now the update package for 1903 won't fit in the available space. I successfully added more space to his virtual drive, but when I went to grow the C partition to...
  10. Restore using files from Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore using files from Recovery partition: I bought a HP laptop which came with Win 10 Home. Due to some reasons, I downgraded to 8.1 by clean install. Now i want to do factory reset to win 10 But i realised that my F11 hp recovery manager is no longer working.The recovery partitions are hidden and but the files are...