Windows 10: recovery system image repair disk

Discus and support recovery system image repair disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell 7010 with current updates for win 10. I purchased two new 250g hard drives. I used the system repair disk to install my system backup on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wa9ylp, Feb 7, 2020.

1. wa9ylp Win User

recovery system image repair disk

I have a Dell 7010 with current updates for win 10.

I purchased two new 250g hard drives. I used the system repair disk to install my system backup on the first one. Witch seemed to work fine. when I tried to put the system on my second new hard drive the repair disk will not read disk error in reading data I tried another repair disk with the same error message. I can play a dvd movie in the same hard drive with no problem so I do not believe there is a problem with the drive.

I am still able to create a system back up image however I am no longer able to create a repair disk. data required is not in system?? How did it boot the first time if the data was not on the pc

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

wa9ylp, Feb 7, 2020

2. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Original Title: System Image Recovery

Why did I bother to create a repair disk and system image recovery and it does not work. I follow the instructions on doing it exactly. Now when I need to use the repair disk and system image recovery it will not work. You do exactly what the Microsoft
    tech people tell you to do and it does not work. Tech people at Microsoft better fixed this problem with repair and system image recovery asap or more and more people will be going over to the Apple. I have looked up all kind of fix option I can find. I
    have tried so many suggestion and possible fixes that I want to through my Microsoft computer in the ocean. I have been working on this for 3 weeks with no success and I am sure any thing I ask about will the go to this link and go to this page and please
    tell us just what the computer error says. I bet even if I did the repair disk and system imager recovery would still not work.

GrizzlyBear_DJ, Feb 7, 2020
  4. CVarga Win User

Recommendations for Windows 10 Home system repair disk and system image creation frequency

I thought I had a good understand of backup and restore for Windows. Following a recent problem where neither my saved backup (system image) nor system recovery disk resolved my problem, I am wondering now what are the recommendations for how often I need
    to create a new system repair disk or a system image.

I understand that any new files or apps and settings changes made following a backup activity can't be restored using my backup or saved system image. What I am curious to know is whether I need to make a new system repair disk and create a new system image
    backup whenever Microsoft distributes a new build version.

When I had the problem I referred to, the system failed to boot up but put me into the Windows Recovery Environment, where it tried to diagnose and repair an undescribed problem. The automatic repair failed. I next tried to use my Win 10 system repair disk
    to no avail. I downloaded the Win 10 ISO and tried to reinstall from it unsuccessfully. The messages I received suggested that the recovery steps I was trying were inconsistent with the installed OS. This brings me back to my original question. When Microsoft
    installs a new build version (such as going from the 10568 to the 14363 builds, do I need to create a new system repair disk and/or a new system image backup? Thanks in advance for your help.

CVarga, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

1. recovery system image repair disk - Similar Threads - recovery system image

2. System image or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image or recovery disk: Hi,New Year Greetings.If I make a system image copy, do I still need to create a recovery disk? What are the differences, and how much space does recovery disk takes? Does it have to be on a exclusive, stand-alone disk.One final question - does recovery disk also makes copy...
  3. System image or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image or recovery disk: Hi,New Year Greetings.If I make a system image copy, do I still need to create a recovery disk? What are the differences, and how much space does recovery disk takes? Does it have to be on a exclusive, stand-alone disk.One final question - does recovery disk also makes copy...
  4. System image or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System image and recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image and recovery disk: Hello, dear friends!I made a backup, a system image and a recovery disk of my Windows 11 Home yesterday.If I make a new backup and system image in the future do I have to create a new recovery disk?Thank you in advance!...
  6. System image and recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image and recovery disk: Hello, dear friends!I made a backup, a system image and a recovery disk of my Windows 11 Home yesterday.If I make a new backup and system image in the future do I have to create a new recovery disk?Thank you in advance!...
  7. System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk...."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk....": Hi, I have a laptop with a SSD. I made two logical partition C and D on a SSD, so I installed Win 10 on the C logical disk and made a backup image on the D logical disk. In win 7, I can restore my back-up image on another logical disk, but I tried to recover in Win 10. I...
  8. System Image & System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...
  9. System Image & Repair Disk

System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...
  10. Updating system repair/recovery disk?

Updating system repair/recovery disk?: Hi, I am running windows 10 Creator version. My system repair/recovery USB flash drive was created during windows 8.1. Do I have to update the stick? 94124