Windows 10: Recovery to try and fix an audio problem and now I can't log into Windows 10

Discus and support Recovery to try and fix an audio problem and now I can't log into Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did a recovery per the website to try and fix an audio problem and now I can't log into Windows 10. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NancyHoneycutt1, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Recovery to try and fix an audio problem and now I can't log into Windows 10

I did a recovery per the website to try and fix an audio problem and now I can't log into Windows 10. Please help.

:)

NancyHoneycutt1, Jan 6, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 audio problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Playing Audio Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Recovery to try and fix an audio problem and now I can't log into Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

windows 10 build 16184 fixed yeahhhhhhhhh
    ""
    • Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
    • "

itachimendes, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Recovery to try and fix an audio problem and now I can't log into Windows 10

1. Recovery to try and fix an audio problem and now I can't log into Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Recovery try fix

2. Some apps were suspended, I followed a guide on her to try to fix in, now I can't log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps were suspended, I followed a guide on her to try to fix in, now I can't log in.: The instructions went something like this: Open msconfig, go to services tab, disable all, then restart computer. I follosed these insteuctions and now I can't sign in. "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I click Set up my PIN...
  3. Some apps were suspended, I followed a guide on her to try to fix in, now I can't log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps were suspended, I followed a guide on her to try to fix in, now I can't log in.: The instructions went something like this: Open msconfig, go to services tab, disable all, then restart computer. I follosed these insteuctions and now I can't sign in. "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I click Set up my PIN...
  4. Tried uninstalling audio driver to fix problem, now things aren

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried uninstalling audio driver to fix problem, now things aren: I was using my headphones on my computer and they suddenly stopped working, even though it said their volume was on. I tried it on my phone and confirmed that the headphones weren't broken, it was my computer acting up. I followed a guide and it said to uninstall audio...
  5. Problems logging in just now. Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problems logging in just now. Windows 10: When I log in, I am sometimes but not always asked if I like the image - I am then always asked for my Windows Hello PIN. A simple and straightforward process usually - but not just now. Below are snips of the screens I saw; the background image is rather grey and gloomy:...
  6. Windows update now can't log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows update now can't log in: My HP laptop Windows updated and now I can't sign in to Windows. I have two other computers I have used the password for my microsoft account?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-now-cant-log-in/8ab06b47-b5e6-4fb4-80d4-00a1e81a6dfe"
  7. Audio echo that I can't fix!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio echo that I can't fix!: I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 operating system. Since the start, there has been an uncomfortable echo to any noise i hear when I have headphones plugged in. I have tried so many ways to get rid of this echo but NOTHING is working. People have said to...
  8. Windows 10 Updated / now getting error trying to log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated / now getting error trying to log in: System did an update, and when i rebooted I cannot get past the login screen - using either password or pin forces and error/restart...just a continuous circle. I found out how to force it into safemode, but at am at a loss on what to do to figure it out. Help!...
  9. Did a registry fix for KB3081424 and now can't log-in to Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Did a registry fix for KB3081424 and now can't log-in to Windows 10: Hi there, new member big problem. I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro and things have been going very smoothly until I jumped the gun on something and made a big mistake. I have been using my Windows Live e-mail and password to log-in to Windows. I read an article this...
  10. Did a registry fix for KB3081424 and now can't log-in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did a registry fix for KB3081424 and now can't log-in to Windows 10: Hi there, new member big problem. I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro and things have been going very smoothly until I jumped the gun on something and made a big mistake. I have been using my Windows Live e-mail and password to log-in to Windows. I read an article this...