Windows 10: Recovery tool for USB drive

Discus and support Recovery tool for USB drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi all, In window 10, I put it on to sleep mode and remove my usb flash drive, however, my usb flash drive cannot read and Wins asking me to Format my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasTong1, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Recovery tool for USB drive

hi all,

In window 10, I put it on to sleep mode and remove my usb flash drive, however, my usb flash drive cannot read and Wins asking me to Format my drive. Any tool can help to fix my USB flash drive?

:)

ThomasTong1, Mar 6, 2019

2. Creating recovery USB drive for Windows 10, the tool can't find the usb drive

Hi,

I am trying to create a recovery USB for a HP Pavilion G6 that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home.

Unlike similar questions asked by others I do not get a message saying that the tool was unable to create a recovery drive.

Instead the tool never gets a list (should only be one) of the usb drives to select from. I get to the part where the tool is scanning for available USB drives and when scanning is complete it does not give me a USB drive to select. The USB drive (Brand
    new SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB) is visible in file explorer and I was able to format it manually.

Any thoughts on correcting?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, system file checker did not find any issues.

Chris.A.Miller, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Recovery Drive for Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Drive

When I try to create a Recovery Drive in Windows 10, Windows doesn't recognize the flash drive.

I'm following the instructions to create a Recovery Drive listed here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice. (I was asked to confirm my choice, and I clicked "Yes".)

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select
      Next.

• (Secret Step) Wait a minute or so for the "Please Wait" screen to finish thinking

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it ...
    The issue is that when I connect a USB drive to the PC, it doesn't appear on the "Connect a USB flash drive" screen as a drive that can be selected, and the "Next" button is grayed out.

However, when I look in File Explorer, I can see the USB drive plugged into the computer. Selecting Properties shows that Windows considers its Type to be "Removable Disk". (Sounds right to me.)

I'm not getting any error messages.

My environment:

A brand new Toshiba Sattelite C55-C5241 laptop with Windows 10 Home. It's never had anything other than Windows 10 on it - unless they upgraded it at the factory.

A brand new ativa 8GB USB flash drive. Note that the packaging for the USB drive does not include Windows 10 in the System Requirements, but seriously?

What I've tried:

• Plugging the flash drive into all three USB ports (USB 2, USB 2, and USB 3)
    • Reformatting the flash drive with FAT32
    • Restarting the computer with the flash drive plugged in
    • Turning off Real-Time Scanning in McAffee

I've seen a few threads with this issue in Windows 8, but none of the potential solutions in those threads have worked for me. So here I am asking the same question, but for Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

Thank you.

Ambisinister, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Recovery tool for USB drive

Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Marque Lor, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Recovery tool for USB drive

1. Recovery tool for USB drive - Similar Threads - Recovery tool USB

2. Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ......: 1Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ... tools like: ... ?? In other words, is needed to have both?AAOMEI PE Builder 2.0 https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.htmlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7Nc4AHGx4BHiren’s BootCD PE x64...
  3. Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ......: 1Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ... tools like: ... ?? In other words, is needed to have both?AAOMEI PE Builder 2.0 https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.htmlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7Nc4AHGx4BHiren’s BootCD PE x64...
  4. Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB Recovery Drive

USB Recovery Drive: I have an ACER computer that was updated from Windows 7 to 10 when the update was still free. The updates are up to date except for the 2H20. I was trying to make a USB Recovery Drive. I tried to follow the directions I could find on the web. After finding and opening...
  6. Recovery Flash Drive USB

Recovery Flash Drive USB: I am using a 128 GB flash drive as my Windows 10 recovery drive. It contains 2 folders EFI and sources and an XML document reagent. There are 26.2 GB free on the drive. Is it OK for me to create a folder named "Other Files" so I can use the free space on the flash drive for...
  7. usb recovery drive

usb recovery drive: have tried to re install windows 10 from usb recovery drive a number of times, reaches approx. 50% and fails. on entering command prompt window, have message that there is not enough disk space to complete command. I thought all files would be wiped from disk and new windows...
  8. USB Recovery Drives/Images?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    USB Recovery Drives/Images?: Would like to create bootable USB drives with "Recovery Images" for multiple machines with varied history - Last supported Windows XP Pro. Original Windows 8.x upgraded to current Windows 10 Home. Original and current Windows 10 Home. Surface with Original and current 10...
  9. Usb Recovery Drive

Usb Recovery Drive: Hi My pc won't boot and i create a usb recovery drive from my laptop. I plug the recovery flash drive to my pc and able to boot it up. I tried to access the system restore and it shows a couple of restore points. My question is does these restore points from my desktop...
  10. USB recovery drive

USB recovery drive: Windows 10 , create recovery drive, is requesting I insert at least a 32 gb usb drive yet when recovery drive is complete [with system files] windows only used 11 gb. This is not necessarily a problem except I have several extra 16 gb usb drives which I would like to use....