Windows 10: Recovery tool

Discus and support Recovery tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to create a recovery usb, but got message that it couldn't because some files are missing. Help? Can I use the windows media creation tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gmlamb, Feb 22, 2020.

1. gmlamb Win User

Recovery tool

I tried to create a recovery usb, but got message that it couldn't because some files are missing.

Help? Can I use the windows media creation tool to repair missing files?

Thanks

:)

gmlamb, Feb 22, 2020

2. recovery tool for lumia 925

senjurjasari, Feb 22, 2020
  3. recovery tool for lumia 925

Hi, lumia 925 user.

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community.

We'd suggest you use the Windows Recovery Tool. Please see the following steps below.

When the installation has finished, start the application and the main screen will appear:

Recovery tool 3a5d28e0-187b-4669-bfa9-8ff4ab5c9aab.png

• The procedure to restore your phone using Windows Device Recovery Tool is as follows:
    1. Connect the phone to your PC (using the USB cable that came with the phone).
    2. After a few seconds the PC should find the phone and you'll see the Phone Selection screen. Click your phone in this screen to select it.
    3. The latest available firmware version for your device will be shown. Click the 'Install software'/'Reinstall software' button to flash your phone
    Windows Device Recovery Tool will then download and install the latest firmware + OS available for your phone.

Note: Your phone will be reset to factory status when using this tool.
    You may also try
    Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

Please let us know if this helps.

Marcel Dio, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Recovery tool

lumia 540 windows recovery tool corrupt.

Hi Samreen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested.

Windows Device Recovery Tool: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-device-recovery-tool-faq

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Recovery tool

1. Recovery tool - Similar Threads - Recovery tool

2. Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....: Hello,Surface studio 2, I set up Face ID with a PIN BUT without a passcode. Facial Recognition failed several times, now it demands PIN. I forgot it.What I've tried:1. Shift + Restart to access boot menu. FAILED TO WORK.2. Power + F4 WORKED, but no recovery options3. Power +...
  3. Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....: Hello,Surface studio 2, I set up Face ID with a PIN BUT without a passcode. Facial Recognition failed several times, now it demands PIN. I forgot it.What I've tried:1. Shift + Restart to access boot menu. FAILED TO WORK.2. Power + F4 WORKED, but no recovery options3. Power +...
  4. Dell computers: will a Clean-Install of Windows 11 effect the "BIOS Recovery Tool"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell computers: will a Clean-Install of Windows 11 effect the "BIOS Recovery Tool"?: I'm about to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. I'd like to know whether this will effect the BIOS Recovery Tool currently installed on my laptop—mine uses the "BIOS Recovery 3" version in that link there. I actually just spoke with Dell about this over the phone and...
  5. Dell computers: will a Clean-Install of Windows 11 effect the "BIOS Recovery Tool"?

Dell computers: will a Clean-Install of Windows 11 effect the "BIOS Recovery Tool"?: I'm about to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. I'd like to know whether this will effect the BIOS Recovery Tool currently installed on my laptop—mine uses the "BIOS Recovery 3" version in that link there. I actually just spoke with Dell about this over the phone and...
  6. I'm having an issue with Windows 11 Recovery tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having an issue with Windows 11 Recovery tool: I have a fresh install of windows 11. Ive moved straight into updating the machine completely, then installing WSL2.While working with WSL2 I've been using sfc /scannow pretty regularly to check for erros. 2 Restore points I've created have been run with zero errors after...
  7. I'm having an issue with Windows 11 Recovery tool

I'm having an issue with Windows 11 Recovery tool: I have a fresh install of windows 11. Ive moved straight into updating the machine completely, then installing WSL2.While working with WSL2 I've been using sfc /scannow pretty regularly to check for erros. 2 Restore points I've created have been run with zero errors after...
  8. I have a windows 11 desktop and I can't access the recovery tools.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows 11 desktop and I can't access the recovery tools.: My error code is 0xc000000f. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-11-desktop-and-i-cant-access-the/f6eaf407-5031-4cf3-a10e-f13a23594f3f
  9. I have a windows 11 desktop and I can't access the recovery tools.

I have a windows 11 desktop and I can't access the recovery tools.: My error code is 0xc000000f. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-11-desktop-and-i-cant-access-the/f6eaf407-5031-4cf3-a10e-f13a23594f3f
  10. MSNotepad TXT File corrupted: What is the BEST recovery tool out there?

MSNotepad TXT File corrupted: What is the BEST recovery tool out there?: As per the title:I have several ol.TXT files, which became unreadable.What is the BEST way to possibly recover these?Thank you, aforehand:Ben https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msnotepad-txt-file-corrupted-what-is-the-best/4651e343-15e2-4315-aea5-780fab20f5f9