Windows 10: RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION DISK ISSUE

Discus and support RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION DISK ISSUE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have, as they say, a little problem. I used my Windows 10 installation disc to recover my PC after I had some problems with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RockAlarm721528, Mar 17, 2019.

1. RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION DISK ISSUE

Hello everyone,

I have, as they say, a little problem. I used my Windows 10 installation disc to recover my PC after I had some problems with an updated driver for my GPU (thanks Driver Boost!). I selected the option to roll back to the most recent Windows critical update and off it went. Everything went very smoothly until the "Select Account" screen appeared. My account is shown and in a nice box with the invitation to choose the account to continue. There is also a line saying "forgotten your password or can't see your account?

OK here is the problem I have ~~~~~~ no matter what I try I have no way of selecting my account and proceeding on. Usually my input devices are a wireless mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard neither of which displayed any connection or activity, I assumed tUSBUSB ports were temporarily disabled (I use a wireless & a Bluetooth USBU dongle) So I drag out my wired mouse and keyboard hook them up and still absolutely nothing happens! SLAP! forehead moment wired mouse & keyboard are also USB so if it is disabled for dongles ........!

So I am stuck. If there is a solution I really don't know what it is and therefore I need HELP! SOS (SaveOurSystem)

Forgive me for writing a novelette but it is what I do and who I am.

Thanks for taking the time to read it and thank you in advance for your help

:)

RockAlarm721528, Mar 17, 2019

2. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 recovery drive disks

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Windows Backup Recovery disks on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the error message you get with the disks?
    Suggest you to insert those disks in a different PC to check if you are able to access your data.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 17, 2019
  4. dually Win User

RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION DISK ISSUE

Installing Drivers in Recovery M4 SSD

I can't seem to figure out how to install drivers so that can copy my system image to new laptop hard drive. I went as far as to install a new inactivated windows 7 onto the hard drive so I know it works, but when I point recovery at C:\Windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys, I got an error something along the lines of "not relevant to system hardware" (or something like that I forget the exact wording).

I can list the drive in diskpart, and I made sure it is not excluded for copying the image, but after 3 days of fiddling, I still can't get it to work. Where is the driver that I need for recovery to be able to install an image to the new hard drive? I checked crucial website, but they don't seem to list drivers for M4. I assume that since I was able to install a fresh inactivated Windows 7 from a startup disk that the driver I need would be somewhere in that system so maybe I'm just pointing recovery at the wrong file?

dually, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION DISK ISSUE

1. RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION DISK ISSUE - Similar Threads - RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION

2. Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.: What is better when encountering a problem that does not allow you to even start windows, to have a fresh install of windows or to use a previously created on the computer restore disk?I am thinking that a fresh install may give a fresher and lighter version but with the...
  3. Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.: What is better when encountering a problem that does not allow you to even start windows, to have a fresh install of windows or to use a previously created on the computer restore disk?I am thinking that a fresh install may give a fresher and lighter version but with the...
  4. Can Recovery Disk Be Used on Multiple Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Recovery Disk Be Used on Multiple Devices: Hi. I have a HP Windows 10 Home desktop computer and a HP Windows 10 Home notebook. If I create a Recovery Drive using a USB flash drive on mydesktop, would I be able to use this USB flash drive on my notebook if I need to troubleshoot it or reinstall the OS on it? Thank...
  5. Windows 10 recovery disk issue.

Windows 10 recovery disk issue.: using the same recovery disk on the same PC. If I use the first screen option to rebuild my pc to a state it was first made, no data at all the recovery software can build the Pc that will then works, if I use the second screen to rebuild the PC as it was when the system...
  6. Clean installation by using Recovery

Clean installation by using Recovery: I updated to Windows 10 1903. If I uses Recovery of Setting to reinstall Windows by erasing all personal data, would it be the same as clean installation using external USB drive?...
  7. System Recovery Uses a LOT of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Recovery Uses a LOT of Disk Space: I have nothing loaded onto my laptop (because there's no room!!!) yet 72.9GB (of 110) is allocated to System Recovery. When I search for answers I'm pointed toward system restore points and setting max disk space. You can see that I've set max disk space at 2% but that's...
  8. Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install?: In particular - this XP recovery disk is for a Disney netpal netbook - and comes with a whole package of Disney software including a full desktop, games etc. Haven't tried a virtual install before - can you use existing disks to install or is it limited to a downloaded iso?...
  9. Installed and want to create a recovery disk

Installed and want to create a recovery disk: Hi all I've done the free update today from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I'm guessing if I reset my laptop to factory settings I would be back on windows 8 and after the free download period is up I wouldn't be able to update to windows 10 again. I remember reading...
  10. Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk

Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk: I've tried using the "Create a Recovery Drive" and have tried making my own installation media using the "Media Creation Tool". Both seem to do nothing, just constantly search. The Media Creation Tool stays on the "getting a few things ready" screen for upwards of half an...