Windows 10: Recovery went back to 8.1

Discus and support Recovery went back to 8.1 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi.. badly need help.i recently dis a recovery on my PC. it was factory 8.1 but had a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. when I did the recovery it went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ganchs, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Ganchs Win User

Recovery went back to 8.1

Hi.. badly need help.i recently dis a recovery on my PC. it was factory 8.1 but had a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. when I did the recovery it went back to 8.1, how can I reinstall the free Windows 10 ??

:)

Ganchs, Jun 27, 2022
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jun 27, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Recovery went back to 8.1 - Similar Threads - Recovery went

2. 'We're Having Trouble Activating Office' Widows 7 SP1 - Microsoft Support and Recovery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'We're Having Trouble Activating Office' Widows 7 SP1 - Microsoft Support and Recovery...: My Microsoft excel is giving me this errorThe support screens guide me to the following advice: -https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/unlicensed-product-and-activation-errors-in-office-0d23d3c0-c19c-4b2f-9845-5344fedc4380?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us#bkmk_saraWhen I follow...
  3. 'We're Having Trouble Activating Office' Widows 7 SP1 - Microsoft Support and Recovery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'We're Having Trouble Activating Office' Widows 7 SP1 - Microsoft Support and Recovery...: My Microsoft excel is giving me this errorThe support screens guide me to the following advice: -https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/unlicensed-product-and-activation-errors-in-office-0d23d3c0-c19c-4b2f-9845-5344fedc4380?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us#bkmk_saraWhen I follow...
  4. How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update: My computer did an update and now I’mLocked out as it is asking for a recovery key number for bitlocker. Where do I find this since I can not get into my desktop anymore....
  5. How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update

How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update: My computer did an update and now I’mLocked out as it is asking for a recovery key number for bitlocker. Where do I find this since I can not get into my desktop anymore....
  6. Windows 10 Recovery isn't working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Recovery isn't working!: I was trying to enable TPM 2.0 on my PC and one of the steps was to go to Windows recovery but every time I click on recovery the Window closes. How can I Enable TPM 2.0....
  7. Windows 10 Recovery isn't working!

Windows 10 Recovery isn't working!: I was trying to enable TPM 2.0 on my PC and one of the steps was to go to Windows recovery but every time I click on recovery the Window closes. How can I Enable TPM 2.0....
  8. Recovery went back to 8.1

Recovery went back to 8.1: Hi.. badly need help.i recently dis a recovery on my PC. it was factory 8.1 but had a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. when I did the recovery it went back to 8.1, how can I reinstall the free Windows 10 ??...
  9. window 10 running slow. attempted reset - went to settings/recovery/reset this pc-will...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window 10 running slow. attempted reset - went to settings/recovery/reset this pc-will...: window 10 running slow. at times when click it is as though completed a double click as will skip over one item to the next item or when hit delete will delete two items rather than one looking at. attempted reset. went to settings/recovery/reset this pc - will not reset....
  10. Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program: As I was cleaning my Laptop (Acer Aspire ES 14) I thought that uninstalling programs that i never use would boost the system and save some space. So I uninstalled some of them and there was no problem untill I tried uninstalling HP Shop For Supplies Program that came with the...