Windows 10: Recovery: Windows 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro install media

Discus and support Recovery: Windows 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro install media in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recovery: System Mechanic hosed my Windows 10 Pro Intel RAID 0 install. Boots to black screen with the Windows icon with the white dots spinning.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by easyrdr., Jan 18, 2019.

1. easyrdr. Win User

Recovery: Windows 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro install media

Recovery: System Mechanic hosed my Windows 10 Pro Intel RAID 0 install. Boots to black screen with the Windows icon with the white dots spinning. After about 3 minutes screen flashes black then the spinning dots reappear and stay that way until the system is shut down. I started with Win 7 Pro and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was offered free. If I do a clean install, how do I get to Windows 10 Pro from my Win 7 install media?

:)

easyrdr., Jan 18, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 18, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Jan 18, 2019
  4. NickSteel Win User

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Recovery: Windows 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro install media - Similar Threads - Recovery Pro Pro

2. Win 10 Pro downgraded to Win 7 Pro - Can I install Windows 10 Pro again ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro downgraded to Win 7 Pro - Can I install Windows 10 Pro again ?: Hey,I have a lot of ongoing work with HP All-in-one computers that were downgraded to Win 7 Pro by a seller. My company preffers to use Windows 10, is it legaly clear to install Windows 10 Pro in these computers once again ?...
  3. Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro: I've been using windows 7 for 5 years now and I got a message from Microsoft saying windows 7 pc's are not in support anymore and I need to get a new pc. Of course I don't have the money for it so please tell me how to upgrade windows 7 pc to windows 10...
  4. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now EaseUS PartitionMaster Pro V7.01 brings up an alarm User Account Control and the app will not run....
  5. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Updated from 7 to Win 10 or Pro?

Updated from 7 to Win 10 or Pro?: When the free updates from Win7 where being distributed i cant recall how i got 10Pro, was this an upgrade option at the time? I want to do a complete fresh install of Win10 and i noticed i now have the pro edition but if i do fresh install will it still be pro edition? 131028
  8. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  9. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...