Windows 10: "Recovery without losing files" turns my computer 100% safe?

Discus and support "Recovery without losing files" turns my computer 100% safe? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi fellas; Unfortunately I installed some kind of virus on my computer capable of transmitting my passwords and data(even while in locked screen).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akisseldonner, Apr 9, 2021.

1. "Recovery without losing files" turns my computer 100% safe?

Hi fellas;

Unfortunately I installed some kind of virus on my computer capable of transmitting my passwords and data(even while in locked screen). This caused me to lose a Facebook page with 150k followers. As a quick fix I decided to do this formatting suggested on the blue screen to start a clean installation of windows without losing my files.

But I still don't feel safe. If this virus changed data in the registry, are these changes also undone? As windows started with the same wallpaper and connected itself to the wi-fi network, I am afraid that this formatting was weak.

Could someone tell me if I can go my way smoothly and access my sites by entering my passwords or if it is better to take a radical step and look for ways to do an "intense" formatting?

(note: while I was waiting for the long long long long formatation process, I used my smartphone to change passwords on sites, stop current sessions and other stuff like this)

submitted by /u/akisseldonner
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akisseldonner, Apr 9, 2021
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Apr 9, 2021
  4. "Recovery without losing files" turns my computer 100% safe?

Computer won't turn on, black screen

Kindly proceed on clicking this link
    Recovery options in Windows 10
    . That article would be showing you steps on how you can troubleshoot your computer. You can proceed with the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. We would suggest that before proceeding on the steps and you have the chance to back up your files, please do so to avoid losing files.

Do update us if it works.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

"Recovery without losing files" turns my computer 100% safe?

1. "Recovery without losing files" turns my computer 100% safe? - Similar Threads - Recovery without losing

2. Asking for my bitlocker and i cant reset my computer without losing my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for my bitlocker and i cant reset my computer without losing my files: So yesterday i was using my laptop and it was all perfect, i decided to shut it for the day and do other things.As soon as i turned it on it went to “entering automatic repair” and then asks for a bitlocker. Im give. The option of skipping the drive or change keyboard layout...
  3. Asking for my bitlocker and i cant reset my computer without losing my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for my bitlocker and i cant reset my computer without losing my files: So yesterday i was using my laptop and it was all perfect, i decided to shut it for the day and do other things.As soon as i turned it on it went to “entering automatic repair” and then asks for a bitlocker. Im give. The option of skipping the drive or change keyboard layout...
  4. Asking for my bitlocker and i cant reset my computer without losing my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer: First of all I deliberately deleted Onedrive because I don't want to use OneDrive. I want only LOCAL backup on MY computer. When I deleted the one drive files my LOCAL files were also deleted. I managed to restore the local files but I still want to TOTALLY disable ONEDrive...
  6. disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer

disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer: First of all I deliberately deleted Onedrive because I don't want to use OneDrive. I want only LOCAL backup on MY computer. When I deleted the one drive files my LOCAL files were also deleted. I managed to restore the local files but I still want to TOTALLY disable ONEDrive...
  7. unlock my computer without losing my information?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unlock my computer without losing my information?: How to unlock my computer without losing my information? I don't know my pin & have tried to reset my password, & I get this "No Drive" error This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB flash drive, and then try again. Also, how do I...
  8. unlock my computer without losing my information?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock my computer without losing my information?: How to unlock my computer without losing my information? I don't know my pin & have tried to reset my password, & I get this "No Drive" error This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB flash drive, and then try again. Also, how do I...
  9. unlock my computer without losing my information?

10. Reinstall Windows from Recovery USB without losing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows from Recovery USB without losing files: My laptop blackscreened, and none of the normal recovery options have worked. So, I decided to try reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive. However, the Upgrade option which allows me to keep my files does not work; it says I must do this once Windows is booted, which is...