Windows 10: Recovery

Discus and support Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I'm having problems with my dual boot system. Windows 7 & 10. I'm currently booted into Win 10, but sometime an app will drop out (crash). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim Guth, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Jim Guth Win User

Recovery

Hello

I'm having problems with my dual boot system. Windows 7 & 10. I'm currently booted into Win 10, but sometime an app will drop out (crash). I can boot into Win 10, but don't see the Screen to select Win 7 any more. My system is definitely corrupt.

I made the big mistake of installed backups and put system images directly onto hard drives. Before finding out that I may not be able to repair my system from these filed. Can I recover any of these files on my HD's to make repairs to my system?

I think I have corrupted my Windows RE partition while trying to fix my corrupted system. Can this be fixed? Is there any sequence I have to use first?

I'm pretty familiar with my PC, I built it. I know enough to get myself in trouble. LOL. Would like a little details.

Thanks

:)

Jim Guth, Aug 12, 2019
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 12, 2019
  3. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Recovery

Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Recovery

1. Recovery - Similar Threads - Recovery

2. Windows 10 1903 and Insider preview 20H1, show 100% free space in recovery partition. (MBR...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1903 and Insider preview 20H1, show 100% free space in recovery partition. (MBR...: I tried using Disk Management to see the space used in the recovery partition, but it shows always 100% free space. Some old explanation state that it shows 100% free space because they are hidden partitions, but that looks inconsistent with the behavior on a UEFI machine...
  3. System recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System recovery: I accidentally installed windows server 2012 r2 evaluation over my C drive instead of in a virtual environment. Is there a way to recover the system to before I did this? I think I may have did a clean install but I remember it saying its saved it as windows.old or something...
  4. Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any...

Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any...: Today i restarted my laptop which is a HP with windows 10. When restarting a update launched and it took a long time to perform, longer than i have had before. Since then when i tried to log into my profile it said it cannot launch the profile, so i restarted and it let me...
  5. Recovery drive problem: There was a problem recovering your pc

Recovery drive problem: There was a problem recovering your pc: Hi all, I am trying to use the recovery drive to instal windows to run on my new sdd drive. However, the computer is unable to use my recovery drive, stating that "There was a problem recovering your pc". Here are the steps I took to create the recovery drive. 1) Run...
  6. password recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password recovery: Hey I have forgot my window 10 password but pin is remember. what I have to do ….? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-recovery/470c0c22-d614-498d-89f9-182d48ce28e6"
  7. Can I use a thumb drive when asked for a Bitlocker Recovery Key?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I use a thumb drive when asked for a Bitlocker Recovery Key?: Bitlocker offers the option to save the Recovery Key to a drive other than the encrypted drive. If I save the key to a thumb drive and later, for some reason, I am prompted for the Recovery Key when I start my PC, can I simply insert the thumb drive instead of manually...
  8. Booting recovery from internal harddrive thru BIOS

Booting recovery from internal harddrive thru BIOS: I have an ASUS laptop windows 10 that is stuck in the BIOS menu. I want to enter recovery mode and format the computer but F9 is not working and I cannot get access to anything but the BIOS menu. Is there a way to do so and if so, how? [IMG]...
  9. Unable to create Windows 10 recovery drive on 2 computers so is there an alternative?

Unable to create Windows 10 recovery drive on 2 computers so is there an alternative?: To All, I am unable to create a Windows 10 recovery drive on 2 different computers. Both of these computers came with the original release of Windows 10 and have gone through several Windows 10 upgrades. For background, I wanted to create the recovery drives as a...
  10. Can't get to Windows recovery environment

Can't get to Windows recovery environment: Using Dell XPS with Windows 10 and it boots fine. However when the sign in screen appears, the sign in options are missing. The icons in the bottom right are still there and when I try to enter the Windows recovery environment with shift+restart it just restarts the machine...