Windows 10: recovry and restart

Discus and support recovry and restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have a pc laptop with win10 and few days back i was faced problem where every folder showed empty in the pc. so i tried restore the windows with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by divyanshuprince, Jul 6, 2020.

1. recovry and restart

i have a pc laptop with win10 and few days back i was faced problem where every folder showed empty in the pc. so i tried restore the windows with retaining the data and after that it went into restart loop and somehow i managed to find a recovery USB but when i tried the boot option it says "an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data"

:)

divyanshuprince, Jul 6, 2020
  2. little cat, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

recovry and restart [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

recovry and restart [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jul 6, 2020
  4. recovry and restart

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

recovry and restart

1. recovry and restart - Similar Threads - recovry restart

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  4. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63: Hi,For several months now my computer has been randomly resetting or just hanging up screen frozen without any particular reason that I can come up with.I don't know how to proceed with diagnostics, since I can't interpret minidumps not event logs any further.Windows update...
  5. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63: Hi,For several months now my computer has been randomly resetting or just hanging up screen frozen without any particular reason that I can come up with.I don't know how to proceed with diagnostics, since I can't interpret minidumps not event logs any further.Windows update...
  6. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

7. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  8. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  9. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  10. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...