Windows 10: Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager

Discus and support Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had to shut off my server and move some drives around. After restarting, I noticed that one of my mirrored DATA drives were "missing" and on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by robporetti, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager

I had to shut off my server and move some drives around. After restarting, I noticed that one of my mirrored DATA drives were "missing" and on inspection noticed that the a removable sled were not fully engaged. So, shutdown the machine and properly reinserted and locked the sled - then restarted. Windows now showed the drive as "Foreign" Can't be sure, but I think my only option was to Import... which I did.Now I have two Dynamic Healthy disks - but no mirror... and on either disk, the "Add mirror" is disabled - greyed out.Explored each drive contents - looks like they are both all there.

:)

robporetti, Mar 19, 2023

2. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The cause for Failed Redundancy would be that half, but not both halves, of a mirrored volume was imported. In Disk Management, the imported half of the mirrored volume receives Failed Redundancy status, while the disk that holds the
    half of the mirror that was not imported receives Missing status. You can import the Missing disk at a later time to restore redundancy.

The solution for Failed Redundancy is to move all disks that span this volume to the new computer at the same time, and then import all of the disks together.

The complete solution is giving in the section A mirrored volume's status is Data Not Redundant from
    Troubleshooting Disk Management.

You may also refer the section A dynamic disk's status is Offline or Missing from the above article and try the troubleshooting steps.

If you are still facing any issues related to Mirroring, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hard Disk Mirroring.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 19, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    My Drive Turned Into Dynamic Disk ! Please Help me !!! Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager :(

If you right click the Pen Drive do you get either of the options, 'Break Mirrored Volume' or 'Remove Mirror'?

To break a mirrored set, follow these steps:

• In Disk Management, right-click one of the drives in the mirrored set, and then choose Break Mirrored Volume.
    • Confirm that you want to break the mirrored set by clicking Yes.
    • If the volume is currently in use, you'll see another warning dialog box. Confirm that it's okay to continue by clicking Yes.

To remove a mirror, follow these steps:

• In Disk Management, right-click one of the volumes in the mirrored set, and then choose Remove Mirror
    • In the Remove Mirror dialog, select the disk from which to remove the mirror.
    • If the mirror contains a boot or system volume, you should remove the mirror from the secondary drive rather than the primary. For example, if Drive 0 and Drive 1 are mirrored, remove Drive 1 rather than Drive 0
    • Confirm the action when prompted. All data on the removed mirror is deleted.

DaveM121, Mar 19, 2023
  4. robsb Win User

Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager

Mirror Command in Disk Management or Storage Space commands

I am using Windows 10 Pro on a Desktop. I have a number of internal hard drives all set to AHCI and 1 USB 3 external drive. All my drives show up in devices and Disk Management and I am able to access all drives and made sure all drives include me as the
    administrator owner. The problem is I am rethinking how I want to store data and I have 2 identical Sata 3 drives, one of which has all my data and I cleared the second drive because I wanted to mirror the data drive on it. I also have 2 drives which I previously
    spanned and they show as spanned in Disk Management.

So my problem is this - Even though I have Win Pro the Mirror command is blanked out in Disk Management and if I go to manage storage spaces only the USB3 drive even shows up. I can't create any new storage spaces and none of my drives are even listed.

Any idea as to what is going on? I had installed a new MB, memory and Video card but all the drives are from a previous build. So that is why I went and checked ownership of every drive to make sure I was in control. Everything else on this computer is working
    fine.

robsb, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager

1. Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager - Similar Threads - Recreate Data Mirror

2. Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager: I had to shut off my server and move some drives around. After restarting, I noticed that one of my mirrored DATA drives were "missing" and on inspection noticed that the a removable sled were not fully engaged. So, shutdown the machine and properly reinserted and locked the...
  3. Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager: I had to shut off my server and move some drives around. After restarting, I noticed that one of my mirrored DATA drives were "missing" and on inspection noticed that the a removable sled were not fully engaged. So, shutdown the machine and properly reinserted and locked the...
  4. How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10?: Using Windows 10 Disk Management I mirrored two 8TB drives and filled them up with files. After upgrading my windows hard disk 2TB NVME and reinstalling windows the two 8TB hard disks are no longer mirrored as seen below, however thankfully still have the files on them. Is...
  5. Disk Mirror - Backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Mirror - Backup: I have a question I want to mirror the primary C: drive using another internal SSD using the disk management tool. I want to have an exact mirror Is this recommended or should I image or clone the drive using an external HDD. Second question is the mirror two way or one way?...
  6. random disk mirror fail?

random disk mirror fail?: hi, ive had two hdds mirrored for about a year. yesterday i was doing something and randomly right clicked on the start button. ive use win10 since it was released and i just realized that gives you options to open all kinds somewhat hidden menus like the disk management...
  7. I compared the speeds of a two-drive Storage Spaces mirror vs a Disk Management mirror and...

I compared the speeds of a two-drive Storage Spaces mirror vs a Disk Management mirror and...: [ATTACH] I'll try to keep this short. Basically, I've got two 5TB drives that I want to mirror and get the highest performance possible via software RAID. I'm not interested in a hardware RAID right now so I'd like to just focus this conversation on Storage Spaces vs Disk...
  8. Recreate data on a jump drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recreate data on a jump drive: I had a jump drive with a lot of usernames & passwords on it that I used to store data for credit cards, bank, & 3 or 4 more places that I visit quite often. My granddaughter was using it to buy a couple of items on Amazon. Some how that folder got scrambled & lost all the...
  9. Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue: Dear Team Greetings from Hilton Luxor environment!!! Can you please help me for the below error message as I am trying to configure Windows10 PC to a mirror disk. The selected GPT formatted disk contains a partition which is not of type PARTITION_BASIC_DATA_GUID and is...
  10. New RAID disk after crash: how to check if the data is mirrored

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New RAID disk after crash: how to check if the data is mirrored: Hey everyone, I'm new here so pardon any rookie mistakes. I've searched the forum carefully, but couldn't find the answer. Situation: RAID with two 4tb hdds, one hdd crashed just after 6 months of working. Replaced with a new one today. Question: how to check if the...