Windows 10: RectangleF.Width has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms

Discus and support RectangleF.Width has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; RectangleF.Width is giving different values in physical login and remote desktop login. This issue is observed with Windows 10 [ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M V Sreedhar, Sep 11, 2019.

1. RectangleF.Width has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms

• RectangleF.Width is giving different values in physical login and remote desktop login.
    • This issue is observed with Windows 10

RectangleF.Width has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms 581e69f5-c070-43b2-a8f0-827ee0b26579?upload=true.png RectangleF.Width has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms 13800881-18e0-4969-9fbf-cf03fc447ab1?upload=true.png

Code snippet used in the sample is below

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    using (
    var stringFormat = new StringFormat(StringFormatFlags.MeasureTrailingSpaces))
    {
    string text;
    RectangleF textRectangle;
    Region[] regions;
    using (
    Graphics graphics = textBox1.CreateGraphics())
    {
    text = textBox1.
    Text;
    Font font = textBox1.Font;

textRectangle =
    new RectangleF(0, 0, int.MaxValue, int.MaxValue);

CharacterRange[] characterRanges = { new CharacterRange(0, text.Length) };

stringFormat.
    SetMeasurableCharacterRanges(characterRanges);

regions = graphics.
    MeasureCharacterRanges(text, font, textRectangle, stringFormat);

textRectangle = regions[
    0].GetBounds(graphics);
    }

foreach (Region region in regions)
    {
    region.
    Dispose();
    }

richTextBox1.
    Clear();

richTextBox1.
    AppendText($"Text : {text}" + Environment.NewLine + "RectangleF Properties:"+ Environment.NewLine);
    richTextBox1.
    AppendText($"RectangleF.X : {textRectangle.X}" + Environment.NewLine);
    richTextBox1.
    AppendText($"RectangleF.Y : {textRectangle.Y}" + Environment.NewLine);
    richTextBox1.
    AppendText($"RectangleF.Height : {textRectangle.Height}" + Environment.NewLine);
    richTextBox1.
    AppendText($"RectangleF.Width : {textRectangle.Width}" + Environment.NewLine);
    richTextBox1.
    AppendText($"RectangleF.Right : {textRectangle.Right}" + Environment.NewLine);

}
    }

:)

M V Sreedhar, Sep 11, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 11, 2019
  4. RectangleF.Width has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms

remote desktop connection

You will need to analyse the various stages that form part of the remote desktop connection. This will require some time and patience.

A remote desktop connection consists of these components:

• A host (which must run Windows Professional). This is the machine that you wish to control.
    • A client (which can run any version of Windows). This is the machine that you work on.
    • A link that connects the client with the host.
    Is the host on the same network as the client or is it on a different network?

Frederik Long, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

RectangleF.Width has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms

1. RectangleF.Width has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms - Similar Threads - RectangleF Width has

2. Remote Desktop from different network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop from different network: I'm trying to connect my laptop to my home PC through remote desktop. I want to use the power of my home PC at school. The networks are different, so how do I connect across the internet? Thanks....
  3. Remote Desktop through different network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop through different network: Hello,I'm trying to use Microsoft RD to connect to my home PC remotely.It all works when making a connection on the same network, but when I try to connect from a different network I always some sort of an error message.I'll mention that I CAN connect remotely using the...
  4. Remote Desktop to different port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop to different port: I have used remote desktop with a ssh tunnel to log into remote machines over the internet. This was accomplished by pointing to localhost:someport. Windows 11 RDP complains that I can't specify a port : is illegal. Is there a way around this???Thanks...
  5. Remote Desktop to different port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop to different port: I have used remote desktop with a ssh tunnel to log into remote machines over the internet. This was accomplished by pointing to localhost:someport. Windows 11 RDP complains that I can't specify a port : is illegal. Is there a way around this???Thanks...
  6. Remote desktop local connection interrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop local connection interrupted: I have two Windows 10 desktop systems hardwire connected to a Netgear EX7000 range extender. One system is used to access the other using RDP. On occasion, the connection to the target session drops out and restores after a retry, and rarely I have to reboot the target...
  7. Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections: I recently installed an update and my local Windows installation stopped accepting Remote Desktop connections. I followed some of the steps I found in similar questions in this forum without success: Added RDesktop to the allowed applications in the Windows Firewall, and...
  8. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.: I am setting up an HTPC in my basement that also will serve as my media server. My goal is to have the computer locally signed in as a normal user, displayed on the TV. But my concern is, will I be able to remotely sign into my “Plex” user and leave the viewer unaffected...
  9. Region.GetBounds(Graphics) has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Region.GetBounds(Graphics) has different values in local and Remote desktop in c# windows forms: Regions.GetBounds(Graphics) is giving different values of Width in physical login and remote desktop login. This issue is observed with Windows 10 [ATTACH][ATTACH] Code snippet used in the sample is below private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {...
  10. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources: I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I cannot locate the Remote Desktop Connections dialogue box that would allow me to specify which Local Resources I want to...