Windows 10: Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup

Discus and support Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has any noticed upon a reboot, when one comes to the Windows screen, a rectangular box quickly flashes and disappears? It's like it's there for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rubert Mumps, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup

Has any noticed upon a reboot, when one comes to the Windows screen, a rectangular box quickly flashes and disappears? It's like it's there for a nanosecond and it's gone as quick as it comes.

I thought it to be related to this one computer but then noticed the same thing on another computer. Am using Windows 10 with the latest updates and no malware / viruses on the System.

It's as though something is attempting to load and then doesn't make it. No errors showing up whatsoever and all works well. Again, just wondering if this was something that came with an earlier update and wasn't fixed in the last one or is this a prelude to something more disasterous.

:)

Rubert Mumps, Jul 17, 2020
  2. NurdBurd Win User

Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while 'inside' this box. I have tried to 'ungenerate' this box by manipulating Magnifier but to no avail. I have investigated several forums/BBs/KBs but found no solution to my problem. What investigative step do I take next to solve this problem?
    Thank you.

Windows 10 PRO Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 14931.rs_prelease.160916-1700.

NurdBurd, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Flashing box or window

I just installed a Windows 10 update & some kind of box flashes on & off every 30 seconds or so, on my screen in the upper left area. It flashes too quickly to tell if there is any text. Any suggestions about how to stop this?

BryanSchafer, Jul 17, 2020
  4. APoL0x Win User

Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup

Item select rectangular box in list view since Creator's Update

Since the release of Windows 10 Creator's Update, Microsoft introduced a subtle but (at least for me) very annoying feature when you're using List View in any of your folders:

Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup [​IMG]

Now the blue item select rectangular box It occupies the entire size of the column in which the file is, when before the release of Creator's Update it only occupied the size of the file name. This is very annoying to me because I continually do "missclicks" and inadvertently clicking on a file. Is there any way to change this by modifying the registry or some other way?

Thanks very much for your attention.

APoL0x, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup

1. Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup - Similar Threads - Rectangular box quickly

2. windows everything is blank rectangular boxed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows everything is blank rectangular boxed: windows everything is boxed and vlc video stops automatically and youtube videos volume bar keeps popping up, have tried updating every driver but nothing is fixing this problem. I Use Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB Laptop\\...
  3. windows everything is blank rectangular boxed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows everything is blank rectangular boxed: windows everything is boxed and vlc video stops automatically and youtube videos volume bar keeps popping up, have tried updating every driver but nothing is fixing this problem. I Use Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB Laptop\\...
  4. windows everything is blank rectangular boxed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A rectangular box showing on the left bottom of my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A rectangular box showing on the left bottom of my pc: Hi,Sometimes a transparent rectangular box appearing on my pc and I can't select anything behind that transparent box.After I restart it will go.But I want to know if there are any solutions without restarting the system....
  6. A rectangular box showing on the left bottom of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A rectangular box showing on the left bottom of my pc: Hi,Sometimes a transparent rectangular box appearing on my pc and I can't select anything behind that transparent box.After I restart it will go.But I want to know if there are any solutions without restarting the system....
  7. Strange Rectangular box on Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Rectangular box on Desktop: Hello, a few weeks ago I noticed every time I get on my pc there's a translucent box on my screen that just stays there. It doesn't cause anything weird to happen, but it's annoying to look at every time I get on my pc. When I clicked on it, the border is white, but if I...
  8. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange rectangular box following mouse cursot: Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it looks like this. Did a few restarts and updated the drivers to no avail. I have the dell alienware x51 r2, 760ti oem gpu. [img] 14741
  9. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.: I have started this same thread under drivers and hardware, but i think it might be the wrong section, mods pls help merge them if necessary. Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it...
  10. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...