Windows 10: Recurrent BSOD crashes while watching youtube!

Discus and support Recurrent BSOD crashes while watching youtube! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, I am getting recurrent BSOD crashes on my Windows 10 system, while watching videos on youtube. When I was using Windows 7 I have never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rinjo, Oct 26, 2015.

1. rinjo Win User

Recurrent BSOD crashes while watching youtube!

Hi All,

I am getting recurrent BSOD crashes on my Windows 10 system, while watching videos on youtube.
    When I was using Windows 7 I have never experienced this problem. Once I upgraded to Windows 10, the BSOD crashes have started.
    I had posted in the general discussion forums about this issue and I got the suggestion of updating the drivers on my system. I have seen updated the display drivers. However, the crashes are still there.

I have collected the details using the DM_log_collector.
    Please help me fix this issue.

regards,

:)

rinjo, Oct 26, 2015

2. BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys)

Hi,

I have not experienced the BSOD for a while, but it is happening again since yesterday.

What's below is a link to minidump files for most recent 3 errors. Two of the BSODs occurred when I was watching YouTube.

BSOD0601

I uninstalled Bitdefender and purchased Kaspersky. Could this cause a system crash?

Thanks!

SeungWookLee, Oct 26, 2015
  3. received error : Bad_Pool_Header causes BSOD while watching YouTube

While watching YouTube, I notice some stuttering. At first i thought it was just internet connection issue. However, I experienced BSOD because of Bad Pool Header. I attached a link to the computer's WPR

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thank You

original title: Bad_Pool_Header causes BSOD while watching YouTube

Daniel_N_1609, Oct 26, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi rinjo,

Please uninstall Avast or update Avast.
    It is causing the crashes.
    This is just 1 driver that has been flagged.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys 0: kd> lmvm aswSnx start end module name fffff801`b9620000 fffff801`b9724000 aswSnx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: aswSnx.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys Image name: aswSnx.sys Timestamp: Wed Sep 16 17:39:29 2015 (55F98D31) CheckSum: 00108944 ImageSize: 00104000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. rinjo Win User
    Thanks Axe0.
    I have installed Avast (latest free version) on Windows 10 around 10 days back, after a clean installation of Windows 10.
    If the issue is with Avast on Windows 10, can you suggest any other good free antivirus that will work in harmony with Windows 10?

regards,

rinjo, Oct 27, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Windows Defender.
    I have a lot AV's seen crashing, but Windows Defender isn't one of them.

7. spapakons Win User
    You can also try AVG Free or Avira Free etc. But the latter will keep showing messages to upgrade to a paid version, so it is a bit annoying. In Windows 8 and 10 Windows Defender is much better than it was in Vista and 7, so you can use that as well.

spapakons, Oct 27, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

I wouldn't try any 3rd party AV's on an unstable system.
    In fact, I strongly recommend to remove/not use any 3rd party AV on unstable systems as they could cause lots of trouble.

9. rinjo Win User
    Since the last crash I have removed Avast Antivirus and switched to Avira free version that is Windows 10 compatible. I have also upgraded the graphics drivers to the latest stable version. This setup has been working fine so sometime...
    However, last night while watching a movie using VLC player, I again witnessed a BSOD crash.

I will check in the ZIP file that I had shared if there are any other failures/warning in the system.
    Keep you posted...

-

rinjo, Nov 21, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    Probably last night Windows Update tried to replace some driver and screwed things. Reinstall your drivers and then hide any driver updates so they won't install again.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recurrent BSOD crashes while watching youtube! - Similar Threads - Recurrent BSOD crashes

2. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing while watching youtube videos: I've had my Asus laptop Windows 10 for around a year, and I've never had this problem before. When I watch a video on YouTube after 5 minutes or so, the screen will freeze, and the laptop will make a buzzing noise before it gets crashed. Sometimes the rate changes like I was...
  3. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing while watching youtube videos: I've had my Asus laptop Windows 10 for around a year, and I've never had this problem before. When I watch a video on YouTube after 5 minutes or so, the screen will freeze, and the laptop will make a buzzing noise before it gets crashed. Sometimes the rate changes like I was...
  4. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.

BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.: For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting a blue screen crash any time I watch YouTube videos on Google Chrome. The blue screens range from Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to Memory Management. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my OS, doing a DISM check and repair,...
  6. BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.

BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.: For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting a blue screen crash any time I watch YouTube videos on Google Chrome. The blue screens range from Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to Memory Management. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my OS, doing a DISM check and repair,...
  7. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  8. BSOD while watching a youtube video

BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...
  9. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  10. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...