Windows 10: Recurrent Perfnet issue Unable to open the Server service performance object

Discus and support Recurrent Perfnet issue Unable to open the Server service performance object in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting a recurrent freeze on my pc and after browsing the event log, I have seen a perfnet event id 2004 error every 10mins with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joao Casqueiro, May 19, 2020.

1. Recurrent Perfnet issue Unable to open the Server service performance object

Hi,

I am getting a recurrent freeze on my pc and after browsing the event log, I have seen a perfnet event id 2004 error every 10mins with the following message:

Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes DWORD of the Data section contains the status code.

The server proc is started automatic/trigger, I have even restarted it, but problem persists.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot/solve this?

Thanks/Brgds

joao

:)

Joao Casqueiro, May 19, 2020

2. How to resolve PerfNet Event ID 2004?

I am running Windows 10 Pro
    version 1809 build

I have been noticing the following error in the Event Viewer and was wondering what this error means and how to resolve this error if possible?

Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet

Date: 2018-12-10 08:14:27 PM

Event ID: 2004

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Durand-PC

Description:

Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet" Guid="{CAB2B8A5-49B9-4EEC-B1B0-FAC21DA05A3B}" EventSourceName="PerfNet" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">2004</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-10T18:14:27.765311400Z" />

<EventRecordID>393</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Durand-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Binary>220000C0</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Any explanation to what this error means and any possible solutions to resolve this error would be greatly appreciated!

Arthur Durand, May 19, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    "Server connectivity = blocked" on Xbox app on Windows 10

Hi MoonBunny17,

If your server connectivity is "Blocked", it means that your computer was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server. Since you've tried the troubleshooting steps from our support page, let's try to restart the "IP
    Helper" and "Xbox Networking Service" by performing the following steps below:

1. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
    2. Type "services" and hit enter to open the Services Window
    3. Scroll down until you find an entry called “IP Helper”. Right-click on it, and then click Restart.
    4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and do the same thing for “Xbox Live Networking Service”.
    5. Close the window, open the Xbox app and check your connection again.

If the issue persists, I recommend that you try connecting your computer to another network to see if that will change the server connectivity on the Xbox app.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, May 19, 2020
  4. Recurrent Perfnet issue Unable to open the Server service performance object

Perfnet 2002 error

I also have a 2004 Perfnet error that I have included in the log below

Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet

Date: 7/25/2019 3:07:41 PM

Event ID: 2004

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords:

User: MINENEW\stacy

Computer: MineNew

Description:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet" Guid="{cab2b8a5-49b9-4eec-b1b0-fac21da05a3b}" />

<EventID>2004</EventID>

<Version>1</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-25T20:07:41.467948100Z" />

<EventRecordID>375</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="7564" ThreadID="8796" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>MineNew</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-4072664191-3622524976-629368925-1001" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="NTSTATUS">3221225506</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

shelsealjohnson, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Recurrent Perfnet issue Unable to open the Server service performance object

1. Recurrent Perfnet issue Unable to open the Server service performance object - Similar Threads - Recurrent Perfnet issue

2. Unable to Start the MS SQL Server Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Start the MS SQL Server Service: Hello Team,We did an in place upgrade to upgrade the OS from 2012R2 to 2019. After upgrading the OS, we were unable to start the SQL server service on the server. We have followed the given microsoft document to upgrade the OS.Document:...
  3. Unable to Start Services in Windows Server VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Start Services in Windows Server VM: Hi,I would like to ask if what are the possible root causes as the listed services below are not starting automatically after I restart Windows Server 2012.Services not starting- DNS Client- Function Discovery Resource Publication- SSDP Discovery- UPnP Device HostHoping for...
  4. Unable to Start Services in Windows Server VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Start Services in Windows Server VM: Hi,I would like to ask if what are the possible root causes as the listed services below are not starting automatically after I restart Windows Server 2012.Services not starting- DNS Client- Function Discovery Resource Publication- SSDP Discovery- UPnP Device HostHoping for...
  5. unable to perform a restore - password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to perform a restore - password issue: I had errors present after I booted. I performed a reset from previous restore point. Computer failed to reboot. Will not let me reset the computer without password. Previous password forgotten Changed the password in Microsoft online from another computer Don't...
  6. OOBE create elevated object server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OOBE create elevated object server: I have looked in the Q & A section & have yet to find out what OOBE create elevated object server means. ?? As soon as I turned my computer on, it was mandatory that I install it, I wasn't even able to open my browser. Also wasn't able to do anything else until the update was...
  7. Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes DWORD of the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes DWORD of the...: I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 and experiencing an EVENT ID 2004 error. Please help: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet Date: 11/22/2020 8:48:26 AM Event ID: 2004 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords:...
  8. Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No...: I am using Windows 10 and WinCDEmu to play an older game. However when i mount the Iso file to a virtual cd drive i am unable to access the drive. it says M:/ is not accessible access is denied. When I open the properties it says the name, that it is unable to display...
  9. Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the...

Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the...: I have a problem with games on Windows 10. The game stutters and you can only hear the sounds. In the event log I have: Log Name:Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet Date: 20.08.2019 16:12:36 Event ID:2004 Task category:Brak Level: Error...
  10. Perfnet 2002 error

Perfnet 2002 error: Hello! I am combing through errors on my Dell, and have found this one. This may be obvious, or completely wrong, but I believe it is related to an error I receive when in Computer Management when trying to access the Performance System Tool. Log is included below: Log...