Windows 10: Recurring Blue Screen using external usb

Discus and support Recurring Blue Screen using external usb in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day to everyone, I am having this BSOD whenever i skip a video a few seconds reading the file from a usb 3.0 external disk. It is slightly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by a2345667, Dec 20, 2015.

1. a2345667 Win User

Recurring Blue Screen using external usb

Good day to everyone,

I am having this BSOD whenever i skip a video a few seconds reading the file from a usb 3.0 external disk. It is slightly random but always happens in the above mentioned situation.
    The computer is a new computer, about 3 weeks now. This has always happened since it was built.
    I thought i had resolved the issue when i discovered that the disk had some errors, by running chskdsk, (it came from a mac computer) and was managed well by windows. Right now the disk is fine.

I would like to thank the forum and all help given in advance!

(attachment file collector)

:)

a2345667, Dec 20, 2015
  2. IT Guy Viki, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Windows10 Pro x64 Crash BSOD

Windows 10 seems not being able to handle USB external Hard Disk drives

OS crashs with a blue screen with a memory error, and then reboots and even if i leave the External HDD on, and pluged in, it boots up and fails to recognize a drive is plugged in.

The External HDD is fully functional and working with no problem with my other Win7 machine.

RicardoRSW, Dec 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi a2345667,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Are you using RAID?
    If you are, please update the drivers of Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    If you are NOT, please try following
    Code: ffffd000`95f80f38 fffff800`fa0cb085Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys iaStorA+0xcb085 0: kd> lmvm iastora start end module name fffff800`fa000000 fffff800`fa572000 iaStorA T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: iaStorA.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys Image name: iaStorA.sys Timestamp: Wed Jun 03 11:38:57 2015 (556ECB31) CheckSum: 00165AED ImageSize: 00572000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    For a 0x1A and some memory corruption, I suggest to run MemTest86+

Recurring Blue Screen using external usb [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. a2345667 Win User
    No raid here~!
    I've uninstalled the IRT and will do a memtest86 boot overnight. I had done it previously but only for 3 passes, and no problems occurred...
    Nevertheless I'll go for 8 passes and will report later.

Thank you for the help!

a2345667, Dec 20, 2015
  6. a2345667 Win User
    Report: Memtest86 - 10 passes, no errors found
    No more BSOD while reading from usb disk. Although I was forced to reboot due to an Error - code: WerFault.exe - Application error

OS started blinking and flashing... no more of these appeared.

a2345667, Dec 21, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Glad to hear that *Smile

Let me know in case the bluescreens come back anytime soon.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recurring Blue Screen using external usb - Similar Threads - Recurring Blue Screen

2. Recurring memory management blue screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring memory management blue screen.: The problem started this morning and has persisted to this evening. When I start my laptop it boots like normal, I log in, nothing happens for a few seconds, then normally some programs would attempt to boot up, but instead it blue screens. The stop code on said blue screen...
  3. Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns: Hi everyone,These past few days I've been having BSOD errors, almost on a daily basis, and I can't pinpoint the problem. Initially I thought it was performance-related, since it tended to happen while gaming, but it has also occurred while performing tasks that are not as...
  4. Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns: Hi everyone,These past few days I've been having BSOD errors, almost on a daily basis, and I can't pinpoint the problem. Initially I thought it was performance-related, since it tended to happen while gaming, but it has also occurred while performing tasks that are not as...
  5. Recurring Blue Screens of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring Blue Screens of Death: Hello, I have recurring issues with BSODs that affect my laptop. They are not resolved by sfc /scannow or DISM, nor by chkdsk. I've run MEM86 as well as windows memory tool but both reported no problem. I ran NVIDIA stress tests as well as Intel stress tests for CPU and all...
  6. Recurring Blue Screens of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring Blue Screens of Death: Hello, I have recurring issues with BSODs that affect my laptop. They are not resolved by sfc /scannow or DISM, nor by chkdsk. I've run MEM86 as well as windows memory tool but both reported no problem. I ran NVIDIA stress tests as well as Intel stress tests for CPU and all...
  7. recurring blue screen

recurring blue screen: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\081421-13328-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: *** Invalid...
  8. Blue Screen Errors Recurring

Blue Screen Errors Recurring: Hello there,I previously had some blue screen errors and posted questions here. With help, those BSOD errors all same error codes seem to have stopped.However, lately I have had different BSOD and I am not sure if they are related. I have zipped the files at...
  9. RECURRING BLUE SCREEN MESSAGE

RECURRING BLUE SCREEN MESSAGE: I HAVE A RECURRING BLUE SCREEN SAYING Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop code: KMODE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recurring-blue-screen-message/d5d2c4fd-dca9-4f03-9458-de284bb8d7d5
  10. Recurring Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recurring Blue Screen: A few months ago I upgraded my motherboard and CPU, also re-installing windows. Since then, I've been getting random BSOD issues while using my PC. I have pasted an event/application error log below. It seems that VSS has been a recurring issue, so I've considered disabling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recurring blue screen