Windows 10: Recurring BSOD errors

Discus and support Recurring BSOD errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having repeated issues with my computer BSODing regularly every couple of weeks. I'll play around with SFC, I'll check for bad drive sectors,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesStephens2, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Recurring BSOD errors

I've been having repeated issues with my computer BSODing regularly every couple of weeks. I'll play around with SFC, I'll check for bad drive sectors, I'll look for Windows or driver updates, I've even been playing around with connecting or reformatting or disconnecting my drives since this started happening after I added a second SSD to my computer. The errors are usually "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" or a "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE" error. Normally I can get it to stop for a while, but within a week or two it starts back up. It got to the point where I couldn't even boot into safe mode so I just grabbed some horribly outdated Windows install media I had made way back when and nuked everything and started from scratch. And despite going from a fresh install of Windows, updating everything I can find, trying every configuration of drives connected and disconnected that I can think of, and both my memory and hard drives all getting clean bills of health from their respective Windows tools, the errors just keep coming back just when I think I officially have the issue resolved. At this point I'm at my wits' end, and my roommate and her dog will both back me up on that. Any advice I can get on where to go forward on this would be greatly appreciated.

Minidumps and MSINFO export are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmwMEvY7PT3_gq4_UJvLTW7d0gdy1w?e=CYyD9h

:)

JamesStephens2, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Recurring BSOD errors

Recurring BSOD errors 0x000001df

Im hoping somebody can help me out. I've been getting recurring blue screen of death errors that reference an error code 0x000001df. I was initially using windows 8.1. I installed all windows updates, then checked my computer manufacturer's website for driver
    downloads. No virus' or malware were found on scans run by AVG, Avast, or Malwarebytes. The BSOD errors kept recurring. I eventually tried updating to Windows 10. When that didn't fix the issue, I wiped my computer of everything except Windows 10 via the recovery
    option in power settings, but Im still getting these errors.

Any help would be appreciated. And if you are offering me advice, please feel free to speak to me as if I were 10 years old, and not especially bright.

travis sivart, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Recurring BSOD errors

1. Recurring BSOD errors - Similar Threads - Recurring BSOD errors

2. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  5. Various Recurring BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various Recurring BSOD Errors: Hello, I've been getting various BSOD errors for the last 5 months and I couldn't find any reason or solution yet.There are 5 Critical error logs on the Event Viewer since 3 weeks ago. Those error's sources are Kernel-Power and Event ID is 41. Last critical error's...
  6. Various Recurring BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various Recurring BSOD Errors: Hello, I've been getting various BSOD errors for the last 5 months and I couldn't find any reason or solution yet.There are 5 Critical error logs on the Event Viewer since 3 weeks ago. Those error's sources are Kernel-Power and Event ID is 41. Last critical error's...
  7. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  8. Recurring System Errors - BSOD

Recurring System Errors - BSOD: Hello, everyone. Earlier in the month, my computer began crashing regularly. I've tried various fixes without success, and no recent Windows updates seem to have done the trick, so I'm really hoping to get things sorted here. As of 2/4/20, I've replaced my original boot...
  9. Recurring System Errors - BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring System Errors - BSOD: Hello, everyone. Earlier in the month, my computer began crashing regularly. I've tried various fixes without success, and no recent Windows updates seem to have done the trick, so I'm really hoping to get things sorted here. As of 2/4/20, I've replaced my original boot...
  10. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello :) I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC as i wanted to start fresh. Everything seem'd fine at first but playing games & have sites open seem to cause BSOD or make my computer freeze entirely. I have not had this problem before and have since turned off fast...