Windows 10: Recurring BSOD when using Webcam

Discus and support Recurring BSOD when using Webcam in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been struggling lately with BSODs when using my webcam. It seems to be related to my Thunderbolt dock CalDigit TS3+. I've gone and updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Preesrak, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Preesrak Win User

Recurring BSOD when using Webcam

Hi,

I've been struggling lately with BSODs when using my webcam. It seems to be related to my Thunderbolt dock CalDigit TS3+. I've gone and updated all the drivers that my IOBit utility can find and even done a few like the ASMedia USB 3.1 controller driver manually. Still the BSODs persist.

Can someone take a look at my dumps and see if they can find something that I haven't yet? Last 3 dmps and system .nfo file zipped up here:Google Drive

:)

Preesrak, Apr 28, 2020
  2. 翼昌宏 Win User

ks.sys BSOD dell built-in webcam

ok i think i kinda find how to fixed this

well at least the loop bsod everytime i plug the webcam usb or restart (while the usb plugged) stopped

i am not sure if this stable enough (random bsod)

after reading lots of bsod on net.. i found this post
    http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156234-ks-sys-bsod-post1340079.html#post1340079

so culprit is between webcam creative driver and westerndigital mybook smartware

so i uninstall all webcam software (that packed with the dell driver installer) and then also uninstall wd smartware (also removing all things related to both that listen on uninstall program list)

reboot the system, then plug it... windows10 automatically install the driver, it showing up as correct device

just for be safe, i reboot once more...

and then re-install smartware (i know its **** and not needed)

so far no bsod

so for people having issue, and have both device

i suggest follow the step above

Just make sure let windows detect+install webcam first

before installing wd smartware

翼昌宏, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Webcam Triggering 'Attempted Execute Of No Execute Memory' BSOD - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY Blue Screen of Death error appears when a device driver attempts to execute a program from a non-executable area of the memory. An error in the RAM (Random Access Memory) can also cause this BSOD error.

If you are using a built-in webcam, then, update the webcam driver and check if that helps.

• Press 'Windows key + X' and choose 'Device Manager'.
    • Under 'Imaging devices', right-click on the webcam driver and update the driver.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Recurring BSOD when using Webcam

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Recurring BSOD when using Webcam

1. Recurring BSOD when using Webcam - Similar Threads - Recurring BSOD using

2. Recurring BSOD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD's: I have an alienware M17 and i have been facing recurring BSOD's. I have tried reinstalling windows multiple times, dell customer support told me it's not a hardware issue and they were not able to help me. every time i reinstall windows the problem is fixed for a few days,...
  3. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. recurring BSOD

recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  5. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  7. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  8. Recurring BSOD

9. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  10. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello :) I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC as i wanted to start fresh. Everything seem'd fine at first but playing games & have sites open seem to cause BSOD or make my computer freeze entirely. I have not had this problem before and have since turned off fast...