Windows 10: Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux.

Discus and support Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. I have an Asus FX570UD laptop running windows 10, Ubuntu 18 and Ubuntu 20. Everything used to work fine until one day I had a BSOD with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohamed FarhanFazal, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux.

Hi all.

I have an Asus FX570UD laptop running windows 10, Ubuntu 18 and Ubuntu 20.

Everything used to work fine until one day I had a BSOD with a stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. And since then, I almost have it daily.

My windows suddenly lags a lot and soon a BSOD. Same is the case with Linux Distros like Ubuntu and Debian.All versions of Ubuntu throws up a notification saying System Program Problem Detected. Do you want to report the problem now?

Also, when the system boots up after a BSOD, no HDD is detected in BIOS, but when I completely turn off the system and try turning it on after some 10-20 mins. It works.

Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux. ext?url=https%3a%2f%2flh3.googleusercontent.jpg

Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux. ext?url=https%3a%2f%2flh3.googleusercontent.jpg

Other Info:

BIOS is the latest version.

Windows 10 in on the 2004 version.

Stuffs I tried:

1. Tried restarting doesn't work.

2. Tried rolling back Windows Updates, doesn't work.

3. Tried reinstalling most drivers, doesn't work.

4. Tried uninstalling all software, still doesn't work.

5. Tried with a fresh install of Windows, doesn't work.

6. Booted in safe mode, I still get BSODs after a few minutes of work, so safe mode doesn't work.

7. Tried with different OSs to check if I face similar problem, unfortunately, I do. That's how I ended up with Ubuntu 18 and 20. So, changing OSs doesn't work.

Stuff that did actually work:

To my surprise, using the live CD of Ubuntu or Linux mint or any other Linux distro don't throw up such errors and work flawlessly.

From all the observation that I have made. I suspect that something must be wrong with my HDD. But I have seen people also getting similar errors with RAM defects.

I need some one to help me out with identifying the root issue. I am comfortable with working with electronics and I will be able to repair most hardware myself, facing difficulty in identifying the issue.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Mohamed FarhanFazal, Nov 7, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

Windows 10 Recurring Crashes

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the 10forums.

As this is not a BSOD problem, this is not the right part of the forum.
    There are a few suggestions I would give you, NO garantee it will help!

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux. [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux. [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with AVG Driver Updater, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

axe0, Nov 7, 2020
  3. HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

xstayxtruex, Nov 7, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux.

1. Recurring BSODs on windows, crashes and system hangs on linux. - Similar Threads - Recurring BSODs crashes

2. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  4. recurring bsod and application crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recurring bsod and application crashes: i posted a question about recurring system crashes earlier today, this is regarding the same issue. i have uploaded the dump files memory.dmp and the minidump folder along with logs from dism.exe file check to the documents folder in OneDrive, i hope this helps diagnose and...
  5. Windows 10 Version 20H2 causing system hangs not crashes or BSOD

Windows 10 Version 20H2 causing system hangs not crashes or BSOD: Hi there, I have an odd issue with the 20H2 update for Windows 10. I installed yesterday and almost immediately started having issues as described below. Intermittently the system seems to hang. I can still move the cursor and I can still interact with apps and open the...
  6. Recurring Windows Crashes

Recurring Windows Crashes: Hello. My computer keeps getting blue screen errors and I went to event viewer and I found a message that said warning: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  7. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  8. Recurring System Errors - BSOD

Recurring System Errors - BSOD: Hello, everyone. Earlier in the month, my computer began crashing regularly. I've tried various fixes without success, and no recent Windows updates seem to have done the trick, so I'm really hoping to get things sorted here. As of 2/4/20, I've replaced my original boot...
  9. Recurring System Errors - BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring System Errors - BSOD: Hello, everyone. Earlier in the month, my computer began crashing regularly. I've tried various fixes without success, and no recent Windows updates seem to have done the trick, so I'm really hoping to get things sorted here. As of 2/4/20, I've replaced my original boot...
  10. Windows 10 Recurring Hang-Crash-Freeze - nVidia or Intel or Microsoft

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Recurring Hang-Crash-Freeze - nVidia or Intel or Microsoft: I have been given a ASUS, Q551LN Laptop to fix. It that has been locking up, or freezing. The interesting thing it is not like most hangs as the mouse moves, windows explorer is still working but no new applications can be opened. Before I saw this type of freezing issue I...