Recurring Daily - Windows Refocuses to Desktop at 12:00 (Midnight)

Discus and support Recurring Daily - Windows Refocuses to Desktop at 12:00 (Midnight) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro - Upgraded from Win 7 Hi guys, I have had an issue ever since I built this computer, but only at this point has it become much more of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anonalchemist, Jul 27, 2018.

1. anonalchemist Win User

Win 10 Pro - Upgraded from Win 7

Hi guys, I have had an issue ever since I built this computer, but only at this point has it become much more of a nuisance.

Problem:At midnight each day, if I am working/using an application in full screen mode (such as a full-screened game or movie), the system will automatically focus on the desktop. Think "ALT+TAB" but to desktop. The symptom does not sure for things applications in windowed-fullscreen.

Troubleshooting:

• Enabling & disabling the following showed no difference: "Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Maintenance"
    • I do not have dropbox or similar syncing software that requires some sort of pull from a cloud
    • Full scan performed with Malwarebytes and Windows defender

Any help or suggestions or where to look is highly appreciated!

:)

anonalchemist, Jul 27, 2018
  2. stefan.dragomirescu Win User

How to prevent auto switch to desktop from fullscreen games at midnight (12 a.m.)

Hello! I'm looking for a way to disable this annoying "feature" of windows that manifest itself by switching to desktop at midnight (12:00 a.m.) while i'm playing my games. Once the clock turns 12:00 a.m. my fullscreen game is imediatly minimised and i'm
    switched to desktop. Any solutions?

Regards,

Stefan

stefan.dragomirescu, Jul 27, 2018
  3. RonEMc Win User
    Recurring Appointments Changed from every one year to every 12 years WMDC/ActiveSync

I'm using Outlook 2007 (SP2) on two machines. One with XP Pro (work) and the other with Windows 7 Pro (home). My handheld device is the HTC Imagio running WM 6.5 and is set to sync with work's Exchange Server 2003 and my home PC.

When I setup a "one year" (annual) recurring event in Outlook 2007 on one PC, then Sync it to my WMD, and then, using my WMD, Sync it to my second PC (also Outlook 2007) it ends up as a recurring event every 12 years.

I created several new recurring events on the Windows 7 machine, sync'd with the HTC, no problem. At work this morning I sync'd and all appeared ok. However, when I got home tonight and sync'd, all the new recurring events were changed to repeat every 12 years.
    Some were even changed to every 12 years from 1:00 AM to 1:00 AM, instead of 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM. It doesn't matter where I create the event (work PC, home PC or HTC) the home PC eventually ends up showing the events as recurring every 12 years.

I have deleted all recurring calendar events from my home work calendars, deleted the partnerships and recreated. Same thing happens every time.

The XP machine and WM 6.5 device use GMT as the time zone, where Windows 7 uses UTC. I doubt that matters, that may have something to do with the changing some appointments an hour.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

RonEMc, Jul 27, 2018
  4. nightdev Win User

How do you enter a recurring appointment that finishes on a specific date

Steps to reproduce the example you suggested:

• Open Calendar
    • Tap the "Plus" icon to create a new event
    • Tap "How Long" and change to "custom"
    • Enter end date (2 weeks from the start date)
    • Change Start time 8:00, Change End time 9:00
    • Scroll down, tap "More Details"
    • Locate Occurs property and change to "Every weekday"
    This would create a daily event from 8-9 Mon-Fri for two weeks.

Hope this helps!

nightdev, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Recurring Daily - Windows Refocuses to Desktop at 12:00 (Midnight) - Similar Threads - Recurring Daily Refocuses

2. available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears: My SSID has changed because I installed a new modem yesterday, and am not using the old router. I started our older laptop today to get it connected to the new SSID, but it won't show available networks. When I click on show available networks, something flashes on the...
  3. Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.: Hi, I'm using window 10, trying to use netplwiz to bypass login but when I chose my user name there is not check box to uncheck use password and user name. Anyone know why? SJM...
  4. Windows Defender?>

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender?>: My HP laptop is nearly useless as every time i use it i constantly get pop up tabs from sites mostly Reimage Repair & McAfee, & other random sites. Its so frustrating I've given up on using it using my iphone for nearly everything especially disappointing as a form HP...
  5. Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?: Windows 10 just doesn't seem to update from the 1703 version to a newer one. It started about a month ago; the update would start normally, but it'd eventually fail after reaching a certain percentage of completion. It'd then reboot back to the previous version. But then one...
  6. Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803): As the title says I have encountered this problem once I had to get this mandatory update. I did a rollback the previous build I had and the microphone (detachable microphone for headphones) was working fine. Nothing wrong with the cable and drivers are up to date. The...
  7. no jack information for mini speaker windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no jack information for mini speaker windows 10: i have the JBL charge 1 that i normally connect to my computer via headphone male to male wire. since updating to windows ten (had windows 7 before) i cannot seem to get my computer to accept the device. when i first plug it in i hear sound for a couple of seconds but...
  8. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  9. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  10. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...