Windows 10: Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames

Discus and support Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled windows on my PC and all was working normally for a few weeks, but recently every time I join a videogame server, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris__M4, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Chris__M4 Win User

Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames

I recently reinstalled windows on my PC and all was working normally for a few weeks, but recently every time I join a videogame server, my computer freezes and eventually bluescreens. Usually it is a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f but occasionally I get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133. I've looked at the minidump files in BlueScreenView and see that all of them are caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+3fa110, but I wasn't able to find more info. I've tried changing the power settings and reinstalling several drivers wifi adapter, gpu, motherboard, but the problem doesn't seem to go a

:)

Chris__M4, Mar 28, 2023

2. Windows 10 Bluescreen DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

My PC is bluescreening, and giving me a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I was able to update windows last week, and the bluescreening stopped, but it has started again today. From what I can tell, nothing we do in particular causes the issue, as the system crashes within 1-2 minutes of starting up

Nathan Hussey, Mar 28, 2023
  3. radonkers Win User
    recurring Driver_power_state_failure with Windows 10

Latest update #2: bad news! Driver_power_state_failure error occurred again yesterday, so the latest nVidia driver update does not appear to have been the solution. So I shifted my focus to ZigZags suggestion to update the NW1900.sys driver, but I cannot
    find an update anywhere online. My PC display driver is provided by NextWindow, but I think they are no longer in business. I have version 1.4.0.0, which was released in 2012-5-17. Any suggestions.

radonkers, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames

Bluescreen after Standby - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe

Hi all,

ich have some trubble with a Fujitsu Lifebook U758. It wont start from standby, running into a bluescreen saying "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".

I allready updated all drivers but the bluescreen still occur. It does not occur after every start from standby, just sometimes. It seems, after having the notebook in standby for several hours (like over night), the error occures more regularly.

Here is the dump-File.

040620-11859-01.dmp

Can someone help me to identify the root cause for that BSOD.

Thank you!

Benjamin Schacht, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames

1. Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames - Similar Threads - Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen

2. Recurring bluescreens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring bluescreens: Hello,I've been having recurring bluescreens lately.It happens more and more often at the boot, and when I restart. Rarely during the use.Since my first Minidumpfiles were incomplete, I did the Driver Verifier process.I had to use the restore point, because I couldn't start...
  3. Recurring bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring bluescreens: Hello,I've been having recurring bluescreens lately.It happens more and more often at the boot, and when I restart. Rarely during the use.Since my first Minidumpfiles were incomplete, I did the Driver Verifier process.I had to use the restore point, because I couldn't start...
  4. Recurring bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring bluescreens: Good morning, I've been having recurring bluescreens lately.It happens more and more often at the boot, and when I restart. Rarely during the use.Here are some of the error codes: 0x500xFFFFF90416A125BF, 0x10, 0xFFFFF90416A125BF, 0x20x500xFFFFF9017981273F, 0x10,...
  5. Recurring bluescreens

Recurring bluescreens: Good morning, I've been having recurring bluescreens lately.It happens more and more often at the boot, and when I restart. Rarely during the use.Here are some of the error codes: 0x500xFFFFF90416A125BF, 0x10, 0xFFFFF90416A125BF, 0x20x500xFFFFF9017981273F, 0x10,...
  6. Bluescreen DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Recently, my PC had been crashing due to a DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I believed to have been cause by a Nvidia driver, so I just installed an older version of the driver and hadn't had issues for a few days. Now, I'm getting bluescreens that say DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE,...
  7. Bluescreen DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Bluescreen DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Recently, my PC had been crashing due to a DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I believed to have been cause by a Nvidia driver, so I just installed an older version of the driver and hadn't had issues for a few days. Now, I'm getting bluescreens that say DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE,...
  8. Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames: I recently reinstalled windows on my PC and all was working normally for a few weeks, but recently every time I join a videogame server, my computer freezes and eventually bluescreens. Usually it is a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f but occasionally I get...
  9. Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluescreen only when playing videogames: I recently reinstalled windows on my PC and all was working normally for a few weeks, but recently every time I join a videogame server, my computer freezes and eventually bluescreens. Usually it is a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f but occasionally I get...
  10. recurring bluescreen errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recurring bluescreen errors: link to onedrive zip file of minidumps link to previous question I have been advised to run a filesystem corruption check: sfc /scannow returned no errors I have been advised to uninstall my graphics drivers with DDU and re-install the latest version: DDU...