Windows 10: Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder"

Discus and support Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder" in Cortana to solve the problem; The issue I'm dealing with is that a reminder that has been removed from Cortana is still saved to my computer's instance of Outlook. Clicking on the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JesseBrown4, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder"

The issue I'm dealing with is that a reminder that has been removed from Cortana is still saved to my computer's instance of Outlook. Clicking on the reminder in the calendar sends me to Cortana, where I am met with the error: "Unable to retrieve reminder."

:)

JesseBrown4, Apr 4, 2019

2. Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder"

I've had this issue for a couple of years and dealt with it by hiding all Cortana events from my calendar, but I want to start using it again. The issue I'm dealing with is that a reminder that has been removed from Cortana is still saved to my computer's
    instance of Outlook. Clicking on the reminder in the calendar sends me to Cortana, where I am met with the error: "Unable to retrieve reminder."

Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder" f577c231-3922-4d89-8e1c-bf732d123292?upload=true.png

Is there any way I can remove this reminder without doing anything too drastic like a restore? I don't mind if it's a bit complicated. All help will be appreciated.

Anthony C Jr, Apr 4, 2019
  3. I lost my Cortana Reminders

Hi Vic,

You can check if your Cortana reminders can still be retrieved by locating them on the History. To do that, follow these steps:

• On the Search bar, click on Cortana’s notebook.
    • Choose Reminders.
    • Click more (…).
    • Select History.

You can choose a reminder that you wish to retrieve and you will see an option to reuse it.

NOTE: Once a reminder has been deleted on Cortana’s reminder history, it couldn’t be retrieved anymore.

Let us know if this resolved the issue.

Arthur Rui, Apr 4, 2019
  4. bIOforger Win User

Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder"

Cortana recurring reminders borked?

Anyone else's Cortana recurring reminders not working? This worked fine in v1709 but now borked in v1803 it seems.

I have one reminder set to go off at 22:30 daily. This has stopped working after the v1803 update.

So deleted and recreated this reminder, it then worked, but only once and did not remind me the following day or thereafter *Mad How can simple things like this get messed up?!?

bIOforger, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder"

1. Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder" - Similar Threads - Recurring Event Cortana

2. Cortana can't make a reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana can't make a reminder: Hi, I spend most of my time on my Windows PC, so I used Cortana many times before for basic tasks like a reminder, unit conversion, world time, etc... after the new Cortana's change cannot be considered as an update in the windows 2004 version, I was not able to activate...
  3. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  4. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  5. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  6. Unable to Retrieve Reminder

in Cortana
    Unable to Retrieve Reminder: I use Microsoft ToDo for task management. Recently I have had issues with task reminds popping up earlier than scheduled (00:00 instead of 07:30 and 08:00 instead of 12:00). I deleted those tasks but now I have multiple instances of the task on my calendar. Right clicking to...
  7. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  8. Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder"

in Cortana
    Recurring Event, Cortana "Can't retrieve reminder": I've had this issue for a couple of years and dealt with it by hiding all Cortana events from my calendar, but I want to start using it again. The issue I'm dealing with is that a reminder that has been removed from Cortana is still saved to my computer's instance of Outlook....
  9. Cortana recurring reminders not working

in Cortana
    Cortana recurring reminders not working: If I create a recurring Cortana reminder on my PC at 2pm every day, the notification pops up once but never again. This used to work fine but stopped on one of the recent major updates. However, this reminder synchronises to my laptop where it appears every day. How do I fix...
  10. Cortana recurring reminders borked?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana recurring reminders borked?: Anyone else's Cortana recurring reminders not working? This worked fine in v1709 but now borked in v1803 it seems. I have one reminder set to go off at 22:30 daily. This has stopped working after the v1803 update. So deleted and recreated this reminder, it then worked, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana unable to retrieve reminder

2. Cortana Cant retrieve reminder

3. Cirtona How t schedule recuring event

4. cortana recurring reminder issue,
  5. cortanan says unable to retrienve reminder,
  6. why cant cortana retrieve reminders,
  7. unable to retrieve reminder cortana,
  8. unable to retreive a reminder from cortana,
  9. cortana cant get phone notifications anymore