Windows 10: Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup

Discus and support Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Trying to clear out remaining errors in the event viewer on my new system (had a couple BSOD related to the graphics driver which I believe are fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SteelRodent, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup

Trying to clear out remaining errors in the event viewer on my new system (had a couple BSOD related to the graphics driver which I believe are fixed now) - and trying to make sure there's nothing else broken, but I have this one error listed on every startup and can't find a way to get rid of it:

Faulting application name: ctfmon.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x50d94f4d
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xf96f12ee
    Exception code: 0xe06d7363
    Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
    Faulting process ID: 0x1414
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5eca182a4ccea
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: 4012c06e-417e-4bac-b096-8ee9d67557af
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I know ctfmon is required with multilingual setups, but I haven't found anything that can fix this error. Since nothing appears broken and everything works as far as I can tell, I'm not sure what I'm looking for that causes this.

Ran SFC and DISM per suggestions I found elsewhere, and neither found issues with these files (according to their logs), but SFC did log several windows updates as broken.

Windows 10 Home, 10.0.18362.657

:)

SteelRodent, Feb 26, 2020
  2. johnhotzl Win User

Errors: flash dll, breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll after installing Windows 10

i installed window 10 a while ago & my incredimail stoped working 9error report; flash dll

breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll

maybe it has something to do with updates\

looking forward hearing from you

thanks john

Original title: hotzl

johnhotzl, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup

Errors: flash dll, breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll after installing Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to understand and assist you better with this issue:

• How have you installed Windows 10?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "my incredimail stoped working"?
    • When exactly do you get these errors?

As a workaround, I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Get back to us with the required information and brief description about this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup

1. Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup - Similar Threads - Recurring EventID 1000

2. kernelbase problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernelbase problem: I have a problem with kernelbase I download a new version from the internet but I can not overwrite it I work with windows 8.1 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernelbase-problem/288d64ab-b001-4820-a20c-5f55d93033e7
  3. kernelbase problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernelbase problem: I have a problem with kernelbase I download a new version from the internet but I can not overwrite it I work with windows 8.1 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernelbase-problem/288d64ab-b001-4820-a20c-5f55d93033e7
  4. MBCfg64.dll error on startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    MBCfg64.dll error on startup.: Ok... So I've been getting this "There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\MBCfg64.dll The specified module could not be found." When I boot my PC I've tried updating drivers and tried to look through startup for a likely culprit to this error, and search the...
  5. Snip and Schetch Eventid 1000

Snip and Schetch Eventid 1000: Hi snip and schetch want work on my computer, found this in the eventviewer i have tried to remove the program an reinstalled it Programnavn med feil: ScreenSketch.exe, versjon: 10.1907.1909.4001, tidsangivelse: 0x5d6fe6c1 Modulnavn med feil: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, versjon:...
  6. Problem with startup EventId 29 and EventId 41 and eventid 219

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with startup EventId 29 and EventId 41 and eventid 219: Hi, when my computer starts then everything related to the network doesn't work. In general applications which are related to network won't open. I mean application like steam, google chrome, spotify and many others. Also some windows function like search doesn't work....
  7. Startup Run DLL error on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup Run DLL error on startup: On startup, I get message "There was a problem starting C\:Users\rober\cnmss The module could not be found" I "x" out of it, and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Is there something I should be doing about this?...
  8. Application Error 1000

Application Error 1000: [img] 72641
  9. Eventid 7031 errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Eventid 7031 errors: I have cleaned up most of my errors but these four keep being produced at shutdown in the System log. Event Id 7031 service terminated unexpectedly. User Data Access_Session2 User Data Storage_Session1 Contact Data_Session1 Sync Host_Session1 Anyone else got...
  10. msi.dll error 1000

in Windows 10 Support
    msi.dll error 1000: Started getting an msi.dll Error 1000 while trying to install an Intel app. See attachment. Help appreciated. 83379

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows.ui.xaml.dll 10.0.18362.657 error