Windows 10: Recurring Kernel-Power 41 and reboots only when in standby

Discus and support Recurring Kernel-Power 41 and reboots only when in standby in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 Home last year, this system frequently BSODs or reboots 1) when in standby or 2) when being woken back up. This never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krib, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Krib Win User

Recurring Kernel-Power 41 and reboots only when in standby

Since upgrading to Windows 10 Home last year, this system frequently BSODs or reboots 1) when in standby or 2) when being woken back up. This never happens during normal use.

I ran Whocrashed on my memory dump files and it recommended that I update drivers for gzflt.sys, which is the Bitdefender filesystem driver. However, Bitdefender is up to date and a look at the last 46 memory dumps shows that most of them are for ntoskrnl.exe.

What I've tried:
    • Resetting BIOS to factory defaults
    • Updating all drivers from safe mode
    • In Network & Sharing > Power management, disabling ethernet or wifi from being able to wake the system from sleep
    • Creating a new power management profile and resetting the current one
    • Testing the memory
    • Repairing the disks with Chkdsk

Any help is much appreciated, my logs are attached, and my system specs are below.

:)

2. Allan Mej Win User

Dell XPS 13 had to be restored to factory settings - caused by Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

Thank you for taking time translating the message in the event log. The event logs that you've provided means that you are encountering
    Power Kernel 41 Error, also known as Kernel Event ID 41. This error usually happens because of
    Kernel bugs, BIOS configuration, or hardware issue. Just to given you a heads up, we can try to troubleshoot this issue if it is caused by Windows itself. If it is caused by a hardware or a BIOS configuration,
    you may need to contact Dell support.

Now to troubleshoot Kernel event ID 41 or Power Kernel 41 Error, we recommend referring to this

article
    . Also, you can try to debug your PC to prevent this issue from recurring. To do so, kindly visit this article:

How to Debug Kernel Mode Blue Screen Crashes (for beginners)

Let us know how things go.

Allan Mej, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Computer freezes when watching videos

Critical 16/01/2017 14:24:30 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 14:07:13 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 13:10:09 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 13:06:55 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 11:59:00 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 11:30:17 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 11:28:17 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 08:56:10 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 08:35:48 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 08:27:37 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 08:21:11 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 08:16:28 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 08:08:39 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 08:05:38 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Critical 16/01/2017 06:53:55 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

I still suggest you download Speccy and upload a copy of the report it produces to OneDrive. To obtain a report select File,
    Save as Text file. It helps to obtain the report at a time when the system is under pressure and temperatures may be higher than normal

CCleaner.com - Using Speccy

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 17, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

One dumpfile points to tcpip.sys, network related.

Update your network adapter drivers, Intel wireless, Tap 0901, Cisco etc.

Also update Intel xtreme tuning utility to the latest version 11/11/16.

See if there are new drivers for your Razar and Logitech devices.
    Update your Realtek audio drivers.

Did you reinstall/upgraded Bitdefender after you upgraded to windows 10, there are still Bitdefender drivers from 2015.
    Uninstall Bitdefender with the Bitdefender Uninstall tool and reinstall. http://www.bitdefender.com/support/u...s-10-1460.html

lifetec, Dec 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Recurring Kernel-Power 41 and reboots only when in standby - Similar Threads - Recurring Kernel Power

2. Recurring BSOD Kernel power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring BSOD Kernel power 41: Hello, i'm facing a recurring BSOD kernel power 41 since a week , so i started looking for the issue ,I am able to recreate the BSOD always happens with 2 games running & a few chrome tabs, when i exit one game it goes Blue screen-computer is 5 month old-All my drivers are...
  3. Recurring BSOD Kernel power 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD Kernel power 41: Hello, i'm facing a recurring BSOD kernel power 41 since a week , so i started looking for the issue ,I am able to recreate the BSOD always happens with 2 games running & a few chrome tabs, when i exit one game it goes Blue screen-computer is 5 month old-All my drivers are...
  4. Recurring BSOD Kernel power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Kernel-Power 41, pc rebooting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 41, pc rebooting randomly: I have a big trouble with my PC with Windows 10.My PC reboot randmly with Kernel-Power 41 error.I have changed PSUI have changed MotherboardI have changed RAMI have changed GPU riserI tried to remove GPU riserI tried to undeclock the CPUI tried to underclock the RAMI tried to...
  6. Kernel-Power 41, pc rebooting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel-Power 41, pc rebooting randomly: I have a big trouble with my PC with Windows 10.My PC reboot randmly with Kernel-Power 41 error.I have changed PSUI have changed MotherboardI have changed RAMI have changed GPU riserI tried to remove GPU riserI tried to undeclock the CPUI tried to underclock the RAMI tried to...
  7. Kernel-Power 41, pc rebooting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Kernel power 41 (63) reboot

Kernel power 41 (63) reboot: Hi- have been trying to fix this problem for weeks. started after i upgraded PC to win 10. Have done every test and tried lots of fixes. Have reinstalled windows and even bought a better HD (as previous tested a bit faulty) Driver verifier triggers the reboot problem but...
  9. Kernel 41 Reboot

Kernel 41 Reboot: Whenever I am loading in to an intense game like for example Arma 3 servers my computer just black screens and turns off then automatically turns back on. I have tried changing everything to default settings, formatting my SSD and reinstalling windows. I have also taken apart...
  10. Continuous Kernel-Power 41 (63). Crash and reboot when gaming.

Continuous Kernel-Power 41 (63). Crash and reboot when gaming.: I have been having continuous problems with my PC crashing, restarting or giving me occasional BSODs. Recently the motherboard bios was stating power-surge warnings when rebooting, so I have since replaced my PSU. The power surge warning has gone, but the 41's and freezing...