Windows 10: Recurring loss of HDMI

Discus and support Recurring loss of HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am dealing with a ASUS p2540ua laptop with intel graphics 620. 2-3 times a year HDMI video out breaks. Last time the computer was working fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joanna Matthews, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Recurring loss of HDMI

I am dealing with a ASUS p2540ua laptop with intel graphics 620.

2-3 times a year HDMI video out breaks.
    Last time the computer was working fine Tuesday.

Update came through wed.

unable to display videos for meeting Thursday.

I failed to record what "critical" update it was.

But the description did not sound like a graphics or device update.

I had this system running on a "metered" connection trying to prevent this.

This has happened at least 4 times.

I remember that the first time was a faulty driver update. But not the last time.

:)

Joanna Matthews, Dec 24, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Dec 24, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Recurring loss of HDMI

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Recurring loss of HDMI

1. Recurring loss of HDMI - Similar Threads - Recurring loss HDMI

2. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  3. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  4. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  5. HDMI random intermitted signal losses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI random intermitted signal losses: Good day I recently found that when connecting my laptop to any TV/monitor with an HDMI cable, the signal will randomly drop out for a second or two at a time for no reason. I have since tested the whole system with another laptop and it works fine. Thus, the conclusion that...
  6. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  7. LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10

LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10: DEAR FOLKS: IT HAS CAUSED ME SO MUCH CONSTERNATION TO HAVE LOST MY HDMI PORT AND MY VGA PORT AFTER USING THE PORTS HAPPILY BEFORE DOWNLOADING WINDOWS TEN ... I MEAN WHY WHY WHY ??? WHY WAS THIS NECESSARY ??? AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING US ??? I MEAN YOUR...
  8. Loss of HDMI signal on a recent TV after the latest Windows updates.

Loss of HDMI signal on a recent TV after the latest Windows updates.: I have a recent LG TV (under warranty) connected by HDMI to a recent computer under Windows 10. For its graphics part, the PC has an Intel HD Graphics 500 GPU. For several months, the whole thing worked very well but since the last Windows updates, a PC restart causes a loss...
  9. Windows 10 recurring loss of ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 recurring loss of ethernet connection: I have a Dell inspiron laptop pc. Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have been experiencing random losses of ethernet connection whereby the pc reverts to wireless. The only way I can find to restore the connections is by disabling and then enabling the hardware. This may then...
  10. Recurring Update Problems - HDMI Audio & Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring Update Problems - HDMI Audio & Start Menu: These issues have happened with each update and seem pretty significant that I'm worried it isn't being addressed. I'm not sure if it is AMD exclusive or not but whenever I update my Win10 build (this time to 10130) the audio to my monitor speakers (via HDMI connection) is...