Windows 10: Recurring notifications about configuring settings for apps on account

Discus and support Recurring notifications about configuring settings for apps on account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the Anniversary update, I keep getting this notification (translated): "You have to configure your settings for apps of your Microsoft Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Umif, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Umif Win User

Recurring notifications about configuring settings for apps on account

Since the Anniversary update, I keep getting this notification (translated):
    "You have to configure your settings for apps of your Microsoft Account on your other devices to start apps and to run them properly on this device".

While I don't use another device for my Microsoft Account (except OneDrive and OneNote). When I click this notification, I get redirected to settings and an error screen pop-ups with "Something went wrong. Try again"

How can I get rid off or solve this notification?

Note: I'm not sure if this is the right category to post this issue.

:)

Umif, Aug 9, 2016

2. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

You're welcome. Glad to hear that it worked. This notification settings for Mail app is already been added with the previous Windows 10 versions. The notification settings in Mail app is specifically designed for email accounts configured in the application.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Aug 9, 2016
  3. treesap Win User
    "Something went wrong" when attempting to update account info in 'Mail' (0x80190001)

Update:

No luck. Removing the account via the Windows settings menu did remove it from the Mail app, as I suspected it would. I reset the settings via the Mail & Calendar advanced settings, but experienced the same issue upon re-adding it.

I can actually live without the account being added, for the most part, as removing it should prevent the recurring notification to "Fix your account."

However, it would be nice to have the Feedback Hub (and whatever other functionality may also be affected) in proper working condition.

treesap, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

Recurring notifications about configuring settings for apps on account

1. Recurring notifications about configuring settings for apps on account - Similar Threads - Recurring notifications configuring

2. Notifications keep recurring every couple of seconds until "Clear all Notifications" is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications keep recurring every couple of seconds until "Clear all Notifications" is...: This seems to be the case with all notifications and I don't get many; mostly they are System related eg Restart req'd to ..... Using updated Win.10...
  3. Notifications keep recurring every couple of seconds until "Clear all Notifications" is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications keep recurring every couple of seconds until "Clear all Notifications" is...: This seems to be the case with all notifications and I don't get many; mostly they are System related eg Restart req'd to ..... Using updated Win.10...
  4. False Notification warning about my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False Notification warning about my account: I am running Win 10 release 2004. Every so often I get a warning from Notifications that there is a problem with my 'account' and I am instructed as to where to go to fix it. BUT there is NO problem with my account. [ATTACH] So, what is going on?...
  5. Strange Notification About my Windows Account - What is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Notification About my Windows Account - What is this?: I got the following notification pop up: Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft Account (most likely your password changed) Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. Now I haven't changed my password and the only reason I have a Microsoft...
  6. Stop notification about notifications!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop notification about notifications!: So, a new irony from Microsoft Windows latest version 10 is arriving in Notifications. From time to time, there is a new notification at the task bar which informs us that Notifications are to remain quiet: "Your notifications will remain quiet here in Action Center while...
  7. Windows 10 Recurring Notification every Restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Recurring Notification every Restart: Hi, I have this notification that keeps reappearing every restart. Not just doing a restart. Turning off and on the PC causes it too. Simply, every time I turn my PC's power on. It's the same set of notification that keeps recurring over and over again every time I turn on...
  8. notification about updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    notification about updates: hi In windows 7 you've got a message when there are new update are installed. Where can i see it in windows 10 25751
  9. Turn off Notifications about apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Notifications about apps: Hi there. Every 2 or 3 days, I got a notification telling me to turn off apps that reduce performance, etc. How can I turn this off for good? In prior windows version you could tell the system to turn off specific notifications. Where do you do it in Windows 10? I know how to...
  10. Missing apps in Notifications settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing apps in Notifications settings: Hello, I found that some of my apps (that regularly emit notifications through the notification center, such as Dropbox or Cyberduck) dont appear in the notifications settings page. For example, I use Cyberduck as FTP client. Every time I edit a file on my server i get the...