Windows 10: Recurring "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows" problem, need to restart system every time...

Discus and support Recurring "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows" problem, need to restart system every time... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been facing this issue for months, and a long thread with Microsoft Support brought nothing but "we have escalated this to the product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sba923, Sep 18, 2019.

1. sba923 Win User

Recurring "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows" problem, need to restart system every time...

Hi,

I've been facing this issue for months, and a long thread with Microsoft Support brought nothing but "we have escalated this to the product team."

Quite frequently (say at least once a week) I get the following error:

Recurring "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows" problem, need to restart system every time... ead81359-71e4-46d0-9e28-3525cf99269a?upload=true.png

"Try again" only brings the same message box after a few minutes.

I'm aware of this article but the filter driver is up and running when I get the error:

PS 7.0.0-preview.3 C:/Users/steph> get-content 'C:\Users\steph\OneDrive\Documents\PowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShel
    l.GraphicalTools\0.2.0\PSGetModuleInfo.xml'

get-content : The cloud file provider is not running. : 'C:\Users\steph\OneDrive\Documents\PowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.
    PowerShell.GraphicalTools\0.2.0\PSGetModuleInfo.xml'
    At line:1 char:1
    + get-content 'C:\Users\steph\OneDrive\Documents\PowerShell\Modules\Mic ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ReadError: (C:\Users\steph\OneD…PSGetModuleInfo.xml:String) [Get-Content], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetContentReaderIOError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetContentCommand

PS 7.0.0-preview.3 C:/Users/steph> sc.exe query cldflt

SERVICE_NAME: cldflt
    TYPE : 2 FILE_SYSTEM_DRIVER
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

Restarting the system restores normal operation… until the next occurrence.

This affects at least two of my systems, including a brand new Dell laptop I purchased less than 2 months ago.

I've tried enabling the "OneDrive Insider Preview updates", to no avail.

Is anyone from Microsoft listening? I know I'm not alone with this problem, and we desperately need a fix--having to restart your machine in the middle of a meeting or presentation is just not acceptable...

:)

sba923, Sep 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Gardner Win User

Recurring "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows" problem, need to restart system every time...

Sorted my problem that had this error

Quick update:

Installed Windows 10 again, problem recurred.
    This time, two additional steps for a fix:
    1. Turned Windows Firewall off -- theory: might conflict with AVG antivirus. This one seems a stretch, but I record it for completeness.
    2. Went to adapter properties and made sure every possible installable protocol was installed. You can get the list by clicking on any protocol to highlight it, selecting install, selecting protocol, then installing every protocol you see there.

Having done these things, I restarted, with no luck.

THEN I ran efta's script again, and connectivity came back, for the first time in my attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

FWIW, YMMV -- and thanks again to efta's initial suggestion as well as to all the informed and helpful discussion in this thread.

Gardner, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Recurring "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows" problem, need to restart system every time... - Similar Threads - Recurring OneDrive cannot

2. cannot connect to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect to onedrive: Onedrive error 0x8004de44 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-onedrive/47bcccd4-4185-4eed-aeef-d2379cfe00e5
  3. Every time I open my computer the internet doesn't connect and I need to restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time I open my computer the internet doesn't connect and I need to restart: Hello, I am having an issue where every time I open my computer and try to connect to the internet it says it is connected but it can't use the internet. Once I restart, then it is able to work. Any idea what I can do to resolve the issue?I have downloaded all the latest...
  4. Cannot Connect OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Connect OneDrive: OneDrive randomly disconnected itself from my computer and will not let me sign in again. It prompts me with the following error:"Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.To find out...
  5. "your system ran in a problem and needs to restart"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "your system ran in a problem and needs to restart": i get this error "your system ran in a problem and needs to restart" very frequently on my laptop sometimes twice a dayi have a dell g5 laptop and it is a year oldhere's a minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Av3UfLZlZPYSlWVYOkTzxNuhGhZM?e=ynhdo9please any help is hugely...
  6. PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help.: Hello. I've been having this issue for quite a while now. Basically, the pc starts itself every time immediately after shutdown and I'm forced to turn it off with holding the power button for a couple of seconds. Every setting for waking the pc is disabled, power options, I...
  7. OneDrive cannot connect to Windows

OneDrive cannot connect to Windows: Does this come up constantly for anyone else? Every 4th or so reboot I have to deal with it by typing sc config cldflt start=auto in a command prompt run as admin and then rebooting. It's been months already and the only recognition I've seen by Microsoft is the one Office...
  8. OneDrive cannot connect to Windows

OneDrive cannot connect to Windows: This error only happend maybe 1 out of 10 to 20 times when I boot my computer. But why does it happend? At first I suspected myabe the OneDrive service would benefit of having a delayed startup, but I can't even find it, and it might be a blind shot. I had the same problem...
  9. Recurring internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recurring internet connection problem: I have a problem where I keep losing the internet connection on my PC. Sometimes it lasts less than a minute before it resolves itself, other times it lasts much longer. But it always fixes itself eventually somehow. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the router, because I...
  10. Windows 10 Recurring Notification every Restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Recurring Notification every Restart: Hi, I have this notification that keeps reappearing every restart. Not just doing a restart. Turning off and on the PC causes it too. Simply, every time I turn my PC's power on. It's the same set of notification that keeps recurring over and over again every time I turn on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive cannot connect to windows

2. one drive cannot connect to windows

3. onedrive cannot connect to windows 10

4. one drive cannot connect to windows every start,
  5. onedrive cannot connect to windows every 10 days,
  6. pc says onedrive cannot connect to windows every time i log on