Windows 10: Recurring problem of "a task is running notification while shutting down."

Discus and support Recurring problem of "a task is running notification while shutting down." in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been recieving a message saying that a task is running if I shutdown the system through start menu. It doesn't show up if use alt+f4 shortcut or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sai chaitanyabudi, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Recurring problem of "a task is running notification while shutting down."

I have been recieving a message saying that a task is running if I shutdown the system through start menu. It doesn't show up if use alt+f4 shortcut or if I shutdown through command prompt. There is no task running that I can see through the task manager. Please help me out.

:)

sai chaitanyabudi, Nov 18, 2020

2. Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks

All my recurring tasks in the To-Do app are being duplicated. So when I mark a recurring task complete, an exact copy of that occurrence appears on the list with the same due date and sub tasks, but the task and all sub tasks are marked incomplete. This
    means that I have to check every sub task and main task complete twice for every recurring task I have. Before marking the next occurrence complete, only one instance of that recurring task appears on the list.

I tried deleting all my recurring tasks (including all previously completed occurrences) and creating the recurring tasks again from scratch, but I am still encountering the same problem.

How do I get rid of the duplicate occurrences permanently and prevent them from being created again?

Devin Walz, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Ovi Suite/N97 Issues with recurring tasks

did a sync this week (haven't done one for ages because of this problem) and all my recurring tasks appeared in my phone as recurring tasks - not an enormous list...also my task list in outlook stayed completely intact....

have nokia managed to sneakily fix this or was this a one off?!

NickFrancis---01, Nov 18, 2020
  4. GreenLeaf Win User

Recurring problem of "a task is running notification while shutting down."

Problems with recurring tasks in task list

Hi,

I have an issue with recurring tasks: They don't seem to work as expected. This is how I can repeat the problem:.

Go to task list, create a new task, and select a recurrance pattern (say, once a week) from "Occurs" field. The "Due" field correctly gets locked at this point. From "reminder" field, choose "remind me". Then a date appears in the next field for reminder date,
    which is *Still* changeable. This should not be the case because we cannot have a fixed date of reminder for recurring tasks. This is the first problem.

Then save the task and re-open it. The "Due" field, which was previously locked, is enabled again. If this is the expected behavior, then what is the point of locking it whenever the "occurs" field it re-set for recurrance? And why is there a different behavior
    of locking for "Due" date and "Reminder" date?

Third, and worse, problem is that the reminder does not work at the stipulated time ("Reminder" date would be a day in the past if this is a recurring task which was created some time ago, and first occurance is already passed. I don't think I'm supposed to
    change the date manually every time the task occurs). Am i doing something wrong here?

I'm using WM6 on O2 XDA Zinc.

Cheers,

Upali

GreenLeaf, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Recurring problem of "a task is running notification while shutting down."

1. Recurring problem of "a task is running notification while shutting down." - Similar Threads - Recurring problem task

2. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  3. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  4. Shut down while in standby?

Shut down while in standby?: Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off......
  5. Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.: Hey guys I'm having aweird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiplethings and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked. Parts are - MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H New Purchase Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz Ram: 2x8 16GB DDR4 Corsair...
  6. Problem while shutting down windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem while shutting down windows 10: I just bought a new Asus laptop with windows 10, when I try to close all tabs and click on shutdown, the screen flashes 'tap Or click to go back and save all tabs' screen for a split second, even when there's no open tabs and then shutdowns on its own. I also sometimes get...
  7. Cannot shut down because task still running

Cannot shut down because task still running: I cannot shut down because task manager shows \language component installer\ installation still running. How do I fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-shut-down-because-task-still-running/6f1b22f8-38b2-4f50-85ed-731127499601
  8. Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run: For some reason starting two nights ago 6/13/2020 I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut down. The time period between boot and shutoff is completely inconsistent, and reinstalling my graphics card drivers seem to not...
  9. Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing: I seem to be having a problem with windows task manager on windows 10 When i start it it seems to shut itself down after a few mins, when i goto the show hidden icons in the task bar it shows multiple task manager icons and when i hover over them they disappear and i have...
  10. Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler

Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler: Hi. I tried using the task scheduler to shut my laptop off in 12 AM because I fall asleep using it and cannot shut it manually. I read the instructions to set up the shut down and followed all the steps (Start Shutdown.exe; and even add the argument -s) but the laptop will...