Windows 10: Recurring problem with sound stopping, have to restart to get it back. Zoom or Windows issue?

Discus and support Recurring problem with sound stopping, have to restart to get it back. Zoom or Windows issue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a recurring problem where the sound on my laptop stops working, usually when I'm in the middle of trying to listen to a Zoom meeting or online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Archaeomanda, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Recurring problem with sound stopping, have to restart to get it back. Zoom or Windows issue?

I have a recurring problem where the sound on my laptop stops working, usually when I'm in the middle of trying to listen to a Zoom meeting or online concert which is very annoying. In order to get it back I have to restart Zoom, sometimes the whole computer. But it happens in other programs, or when I plug in/unplug headphones or switch headphones.

Today I was using a set of Bluetooth headphones in a Zoom meeting and the battery was dying, so I turned them off and plugged in a different set of headphones. But I lost the sound from the meeting I was in altogether. When I went into Volume Mixer and Sound Settings I was able to test my speakers and get a chime sound, but Zoom didn't appear in the list of applications and I wasn't able to turn the volume up on the meeting. I ended up restarting Zoom and it came back.

The computer has been trouble free for years, but a few weeks ago the sound suddenly became very distorted while I was listening to music (not on Zoom). I installed new drivers from the HP website and ran the Microsoft sound troubleshooter, which seemed to fix it but it keeps happening even after that. Any ideas what else I can do? Is there maybe a physical problem here? Or is it a Zoom issue?

My laptop is an HP 14-bs044na, a couple of years old but it is rarely moved around and has never been dropped or anything like that.

Edit: wrong model number

submitted by /u/Archaeomanda
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Archaeomanda, Dec 17, 2020
  2. PierreJF Win User

Sound not working after Zoom meeting through Bluetooth

I have an issue where my music does not play through Bluetooth headphones after a Zoom meeting. It was working perfectly fine before, but after my Zoom meeting (which I listened to and participated in using my Bluetooth headphones, the sound didn't work.
    The song was playing, but there was no sound through my headphones. This is a recurring problem after Zoom meetings.

Any suggestions?

PierreJF, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Recurring problem with sound stopping, have to restart to get it back. Zoom or Windows issue?

little cat, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Recurring problem with sound stopping, have to restart to get it back. Zoom or Windows issue?

1. Recurring problem with sound stopping, have to restart to get it back. Zoom or Windows issue? - Similar Threads - Recurring problem sound

2. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem: I have had a recurring problem of sound not coming through my headphones when I plug them into my computer MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, Windows 10. Every time this happens, I try every trick in the book - looking for the headphones in disabled devices, uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem: I have had a recurring problem of sound not coming through my headphones when I plug them into my computer MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, Windows 10. Every time this happens, I try every trick in the book - looking for the headphones in disabled devices, uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Having recurring bluescreen problems at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having recurring bluescreen problems at random: So, this has been a problem for a little while, sometimes it happens once a month, sometimes once a week, sometimes it doesnt happen at all for months at a time.This time I bluescreened I got "Kernal Security Check Failure" as the bluescreen message. I opened the file in...
  6. Sound stops, but comes back after a sound problems "quick scan"

Sound stops, but comes back after a sound problems "quick scan": I've suddenly started getting a very annoying problem: I get no sound from my speakers. In Sound Settings, the output device is correctly set, and in the Volume Mixer all devices/applications are set to maximum volume, as is the speaker icon in the system tray. If I elect to...
  7. Sound problems/zoom

Sound problems/zoom: Hello all! When i'm having videoconference via zoom, my mic and speakers just suddenly turn off from time to time. Then, if i test them, they immediately starts working, just to go off a few minutes later. Its very frustrating. I rarely use my laptop for anything besides...
  8. Sound problems/zoom

Sound problems/zoom: Hello all! When i'm having videoconference via zoom, my mic and speakers just suddenly turn off from time to time. Then, if i test them, they immediately starts working, just to go off a few minutes later. Its very frustrating. I rarely use my laptop for anything besides...
  9. notification center stops working. Have to restart to get it back. Why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    notification center stops working. Have to restart to get it back. Why?: I Have an older dell laptop running windows 10. I have installed all updates and have not changed any settings. Several times the action center will just stop working. nothing will come up when I click the icon or right click and select open action center. have to...
  10. Recurring errors on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring errors on restart: Anybody else getting these 4 recurring errors every restart? The services they refer to don't seem to exist. Funny thing is, if I restart and go to 8.1 to do some work, restart and come back to 10, they do not appear. The time of the errors coincides with the shutdown time of...