Windows 10: Recurring Registry issue

Discus and support Recurring Registry issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Cclean to regularly clean up my system, including removing broken links (registry items with no match in the designated location in the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davidk, May 4, 2021.

1. Davidk Win User

Recurring Registry issue

I use Cclean to regularly clean up my system, including removing broken links (registry items with no match in the designated location in the file system) in the registry. For some time now on a registry scan, I have been getting the following issue reported, which I understand to be an item in the registry that has no matching "entity" in the file system: ActiveX/COM IssueLocalServer32\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifierHKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} So, I fix it (remove it), and after a new boot, and a fresh cclean scan, it's back again. repeating. What is this entry? Why does it keep coming back on a new boot, and then being detected as having no matching entry in the file system? Is there a known cause - eg, a botched update? - and can it be fixed? Windows 10 home v 20H2

:)

Davidk, May 4, 2021

2. Recurring Registry issue

Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications and their potential for harming your OS far outweighs any small potential for improving your computer's performance.

There are a number of them available and some are more safe than others. Keep in mind that no two registry cleaners work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad" entry. One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause a problem when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work. Without research into what the registry entry selected for deletion is, a registry cleaner can end up being an automated method to cause problems with the registry.

For routine use by those not familiar with the registry, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

Further reading: XP Fixes Myth #1: Registry Cleaners

I suggest to remove the program now, via Add or Remove programs.

FreeBooter, May 5, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 5, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Recurring Registry issue

Recurring Registry issue

There is a huge difference between cleanly uninstalling a program (which I do routinely, using Geek Uninstaller which like Revo runs the regular uninstaller followed by a reviewable scan for leftovers) and a registry cleaner.

The first is specific, and can usefully find files, folders specific registry keys - because uninstallers are written by the program's authors, and thus subject to their whims.

The second can list hundreds- even thousands of items- which you are unlikely to be able to assess with 100% confidence.

I've never heard of anyone gaining a performance benefit from cleaning the registry.
    If you insist on doing so, it's your responsibility to back up first and have means of recovery, bearing in mind you have no idea when you might discover a problem.

dalchina, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Recurring Registry issue

1. Recurring Registry issue - Similar Threads - Recurring Registry issue

2. REGISTRY ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REGISTRY ISSUE: I recently made changes to my registry specifically I changed which drive downloads are saved , upon doing that I lost all my admin rights to the pc I'm unable to run most the windows apps including the registry ,I cant even reset it any help please...
  3. Recurring issues on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recurring issues on my laptop: HI,I purchased my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 in Dec 2019. Since then i am having one or the other issues. Initially, when i click on any folders, then the folders used to get deleted, then once that's resolved, the laptop used to get locked off unable to work even for a...
  4. Recurring issues on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring issues on my laptop: HI,I purchased my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 in Dec 2019. Since then i am having one or the other issues. Initially, when i click on any folders, then the folders used to get deleted, then once that's resolved, the laptop used to get locked off unable to work even for a...
  5. Recurring issues on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Toolbar Issues - recurring glitch.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toolbar Issues - recurring glitch.: Anybody seen this toolbar issue and can explain the reasoning for the issue?All Firmware and HP updates were applied, issue still occurred.,Also disabled some startup items which populate the taskbar when first loading up. Rebooted to test. I noticed the issue occurs when the...
  7. Registry issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry issue: So i have a nvme ssd, and i originally had a hard drive in my pc that i used so all of my info was there. i was stupid and copied everything from the hard drive to the ssd and when i tried running off just the ssd for a week or two, when i went to update some programs i kept...
  8. Registry Issues

Registry Issues: I have found a registry issue hkey_local_machine local\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\app paths\machinfo.exe when scanned through systimizer. It still occurs after fixing through systimizer when scan again. What should I Do? Is it a threat?...
  9. Recurring Ethernet connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recurring Ethernet connection issues: Hi, I have been having constant, worsening problems with connecting to the internet on my windows 10 desktop pc. The issue is that, at seemingly random points multiple times a day my internet connection will become unavailable and not return for up to several hours. If I try...
  10. recurring issue with bluetooth driver

recurring issue with bluetooth driver: Hello I thought my problem had been solved but apparently it has not. link to the first question I opened:...