Windows 10: Recurring sudden blackscreens, probably driver-related

Discus and support Recurring sudden blackscreens, probably driver-related in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello. Basically, every few days, when I'm lucky just every few weeks, my screen will suddenly go black while the PC is running. I can usually get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Martin92, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Martin92 Win User

Recurring sudden blackscreens, probably driver-related

Hello.

Basically, every few days, when I'm lucky just every few weeks, my screen will suddenly go black while the PC is running. I can usually get it back by rebooting the PC, but it'll repeat itself a few minutes later. The only solution I have found so far is to uninstall and reinstall my graphics drivers, that staves off the issue for a while, but like I said, it always comes back eventually. On rare occasions, the screen is completely black after the boot menu when starting the PC, but still works fine in Safe Mode, where I can do the driver reinstall to return matters to normal for a while.

I heavily suspect this being a driver issue. The monitor itself works fine on other PCs and vice versa, connecting a new monitor to this one does not fix anything. And if it were the GPU, I don't know why it would work again in Safe Mode. Also, once or twice, I've uninstalled the drivers yet the screen kept its maximum resolution, which as a layman sounds to me like there may be some old driver still somehow active.

Things I've tried:
    -Checking if the cables are all properly connected (duh)
    -Uninstalling NVIDIA drivers via Apps & Features
    -Uninstalling GPU drivers via Device Manager
    -Checking the fresh installation box when doing a custom install of the NVIDIA drivers, the drivers having been downloaded from the NVIDIA website
    -Letting Windows 10 Auto-Update install the drivers instead of installing them manually

Monitor: Brand is "LG", max resolution is 1680 x 1050 (it's an older model that came with no box or manual and was a gift from my uncle)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    GPU Driver Version: 451.67 (but I've had the issue with several previous versions too)
    GeForce Experience: Currently not installed, but I've had it installed once and still got the problem
    DirectX-Version: DirectX 12

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    Windows Version Number: 2004 (Build 19041.388)
    Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
    System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    BIOS: P1.50 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8144MB RAM
    Page File: 4207MB used, 4335MB available

:)

Martin92, Jul 18, 2020

2. Nvidia Driver Blackscreen

I currently face the problem that as soon as i install a nvidia graphics card driver i get a blackscreen.

I tried the graphics card on another pc and it worked just fine.

I reinstalled windows cleanly, rolled back to another version of both windows and the nvidia driver.

ThomasSchuster-, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Multiple BSOD - probably driver related

Related to

McAfee Antivirus

Intel Graphics driver

Intel Display Audio driver.

#1:

Uninstall McAfee and use Built in Defender in its place. McAfee is known to cause problems.

Use the removal tool:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

#2:

Completely remove everything from Intel using DDU and install the newest copy of the driver available.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dri...

You can head either to Intel or the manufacturer of your device to get the newest driver.

Let us know if you require any assistance.

#3:

Remove Intel Audio driver using Device manager.

Remove the driver completely:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

You can find the newest driver links on the manufacturer's website or here:

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Dent1 Win User

Digital Download with Recurring Payments

I've got a few websites and blogs in which I sell a digital product. I've been using E-Junkies to Email the file to the customer after collecting payment via PayPal.

This was a good arrangement for one off payments, but now I want to create a membership site and need Recurring Payments. My website is not using a CMS like Word Press or Drupal so I can't use one of their third party add-on.

Any suggestions?

Dent1, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Recurring sudden blackscreens, probably driver-related - Similar Threads - Recurring sudden blackscreens

2. BSOD Errors probably related to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Errors probably related to SSD: Have experienced twice a BSOD in during the evening, both time i can find hints that SSD driver? could be involved. Please help understangind the dump files and finding and fixing the cuase of this error. Copying content from one of the crash dumps:************ Preparing the...
  3. BSOD Errors probably related to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors probably related to SSD: Have experienced twice a BSOD in during the evening, both time i can find hints that SSD driver? could be involved. Please help understangind the dump files and finding and fixing the cuase of this error. Copying content from one of the crash dumps:************ Preparing the...
  4. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  5. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  6. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer crashing, black screen, probably related to AMD master driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing, black screen, probably related to AMD master driver: I have been having an issue for a few months where my computer or possibly just GPU will crash. The crash consists of a black screen with some audio that will eventually stop. The fans of my GPU will run at maximum speed, and the computer will be completely unresponsive,...
  8. Multiple BSOD - Memory_Management on ACER Laptop probably driver related

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple BSOD - Memory_Management on ACER Laptop probably driver related: Hi Guys, I i am trying to figure the issues with my laptop. It seems that the problem is on Drivers but since everything installed from ACER site I am not 100% sure that the BSOD are causing from Driver issue or memory issue. I have the below : Windows version: Windows...
  9. some probably related power issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    some probably related power issues: I've been having a few different problems with my computer since a hardware upgrade. the first problem I have been having is my computer takes 2 attempts to boot. example situation: wake up in the morning, turn computer on. BIOS posts, windows 10 logo appears, but fades to...
  10. A number of problems, probably related

in Windows 10 Support
    A number of problems, probably related: I am facing the following problems: 1. Cannot start windows defender real-time protection: Shows error code 0x800705b4 (attached) All options in Settings are unavailable (attached) 2. Cannot start Malwarebyte Antimalware real-time protection Said "access denied"...