Windows 10: Recurring System Errors - BSOD

Discus and support Recurring System Errors - BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. Earlier in the month, my computer began crashing regularly. I've tried various fixes without success, and no recent Windows updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shift, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Shift Win User

Recurring System Errors - BSOD

Hello, everyone.

Earlier in the month, my computer began crashing regularly. I've tried various fixes without success, and no recent Windows updates seem to have done the trick, so I'm really hoping to get things sorted here.

As of 2/4/20, I've replaced my original boot drive and installed Windows 10 on a newly bought SSD, but the crashes continue. The most common errors being: 10016, 1001.

First time posting to these forums, so let me know if there's any additional information you need to help with troubleshooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a working link to the .dmp file and the event log since reinstalling Windows 10: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

:)

Shift, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Feb 5, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Recurring System Errors - BSOD :)

cplpro, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Daniel Win User

Recurring Explorer error that I cannot trace

I'd consider myself a fairly advanced home user, even daring to call myself a superuser but I've recently experienced a recurring error dialog that I cannot trace that is driving me mad.

My workstation is a Windows 10 64Bit Version 1809 (Build 17763.316) and I get the recurring dialog:

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."

What's weird is that there is no corresponding log in the event viewer under the "Application" or the "System" event logs. Is there anything I can do to trace this issue further?

Applications running at the time of error:

• Visual Studio 2015
    • SQL Server Management Studio
    • Google Chrome (only my web app is open and there's nothing that calls for an app to open)
    • Eset NOD32 Antivirus (12.1.31.0)
    • Sticky Notes

Is there a way to enable advanced debugging or trace what process is trying to open a file? There are no scheduled tasks that would suggest they're the cause of this issue either..

Daniel, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Recurring System Errors - BSOD - Similar Threads - Recurring System Errors

2. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  4. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  5. Various Recurring BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various Recurring BSOD Errors: Hello, I've been getting various BSOD errors for the last 5 months and I couldn't find any reason or solution yet.There are 5 Critical error logs on the Event Viewer since 3 weeks ago. Those error's sources are Kernel-Power and Event ID is 41. Last critical error's...
  6. Various Recurring BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various Recurring BSOD Errors: Hello, I've been getting various BSOD errors for the last 5 months and I couldn't find any reason or solution yet.There are 5 Critical error logs on the Event Viewer since 3 weeks ago. Those error's sources are Kernel-Power and Event ID is 41. Last critical error's...
  7. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  8. Recurring BSOD errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring BSOD errors: I've been having repeated issues with my computer BSODing regularly every couple of weeks. I'll play around with SFC, I'll check for bad drive sectors, I'll look for Windows or driver updates, I've even been playing around with connecting or reformatting or disconnecting my...
  9. Recurring System Errors - BSOD

Recurring System Errors - BSOD: Hello, everyone. Earlier in the month, my computer began crashing regularly. I've tried various fixes without success, and no recent Windows updates seem to have done the trick, so I'm really hoping to get things sorted here. As of 2/4/20, I've replaced my original boot...
  10. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello :) I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC as i wanted to start fresh. Everything seem'd fine at first but playing games & have sites open seem to cause BSOD or make my computer freeze entirely. I have not had this problem before and have since turned off fast...