Windows 10: recursively copy files

Discus and support recursively copy files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was wondering if there was a way to recursively copy files with windows for example I have an Adobe CD or DVD and there is a folder of fonts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HARDCORE GAMES™, Jul 28, 2020.

1. recursively copy files

I was wondering if there was a way to recursively copy files with windows

for example I have an Adobe CD or DVD and there is a folder of fonts. Manually copying them is very tedious.

so I was wondering if there was a way to do this with a batch file or shell script

fonts vary from type 1, true type and now open type. this makes font management a real headache

:)

HARDCORE GAMES™, Jul 28, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jul 28, 2020
  4. recursively copy files

Delicieuxz, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

recursively copy files

1. recursively copy files - Similar Threads - recursively copy files

2. Deleting recursive folders - file path too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting recursive folders - file path too long: When trying to remove certain recursive folders, I get this error.rmdir : The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid. At line:1 char:1 + rmdir FolderName+ ~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: C:\Users\... [Remove-Item], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId :...
  3. Deleting recursive folders - file path too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting recursive folders - file path too long: When trying to remove certain recursive folders, I get this error.rmdir : The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid. At line:1 char:1 + rmdir GoK + ~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: C:\Users\... [Remove-Item], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId :...
  4. File Explorer is generating a recursive list of files in a folder.

File Explorer is generating a recursive list of files in a folder.: One of my directories has a sub-folder that contains another folder with the same name. It contains a sub-folder with the same name and this goes on and on I assume for hundreds of levels. I can create a new folder in a sub level and it automatically creates the same folder...
  5. Recursively take ownership of an entire folder tree and files?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recursively take ownership of an entire folder tree and files?: I have a hard drive which someone used to store files for rooting and modding their Android phone. I want to delete that whole folder tree and its contents but it's proving to be stubborn, wanting permission from the user on the other computer. I have a Take Ownership mod...
  6. Recursively take ownership of an entire folder tree and files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recursively take ownership of an entire folder tree and files?: I have a hard drive which someone used to store files for rooting and modding their Android phone. I want to delete that whole folder tree and its contents but it's proving to be stubborn, wanting permission from the user on the other computer. I have a Take Ownership mod...
  7. File explorer keeps recursively searching into symlinks

File explorer keeps recursively searching into symlinks: Recently some folder permissions on my Windows 10 laptop were messed up, so I decided to reset all the folder permissions by running the following command: icacls "C:" /reset /t /c /l After the command had finished running, the folder permissions were reset to default, but...
  8. recursively search C: for specific file-type type then copy w/Path

in Windows 10 Support
    recursively search C: for specific file-type type then copy w/Path: Pretty much what it says in the Header. I am sure this can be done using the correct switched in several tools like robocopy or even X-Copy but so far copying the file including its full path to another location is not working properly for me. I think i have the recursive...
  9. Robocopy infinite recursion

Robocopy infinite recursion: Hi, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 2 weeks ago. I have been using Robocopy for years to backup my system. However, since I upgraded, Robocopy goes into a seemingly infinite loop, when backing up via the Documents and Settings Junction. I have not changed the...
  10. DISMHOST.exe is recursively recreating itself

in Windows 10 Support
    DISMHOST.exe is recursively recreating itself: Dismhost.exe is recreating itself and and new folder about every 5 minutes while the machine is idle/asleep. Each of these new folders in \users\me\AppData\local\temp\... and contains about 2 dozen files and a copy of dismhost.exe. To the tune of about 2 gigs an hour. The...