Windows 10: Recycle Bin always shows full

Discus and support Recycle Bin always shows full in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am on Windows Pro 64 [Version 10.0.18363.959]. Recently the Recycle Bin icon always shows full, even though I have just emptied the folder. Anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by x509, Aug 9, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Recycle Bin always shows full

I am on Windows Pro 64 [Version 10.0.18363.959]. Recently the Recycle Bin icon always shows full, even though I have just emptied the folder. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

:)

x509, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Pitbulls2 Win User
    Full recycle bin

Hi

I have kind of a silly question. The waste basket on my recycle bin is full. What I would

like to know is "If I empty recycle bin, do I lose all my files that are on my computer"?

Are there any notifications showing you what files are in the recycle bin before you

press Empty recycle Bin? I clicked Empty recycle bin and it asked me if I was sure I

wanted to empty x number of files, I counted the files that were on my computer and

it came up with the same number of files that it asked me to empty.

I have read different questions and answers from the MS community and am unclear

as how do just empty the ones that are in the recycle bin.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

Pitbulls2, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Recycle Bin always shows full

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Recycle Bin always shows full

1. Recycle Bin always shows full - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin always

2. Recycle Bin always shows full

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin always shows full: I am on Windows Pro 64 [Version 10.0.18363.959]. Recently the Recycle Bin icon always shows full, even though I have just emptied the folder. Anyone else seeing this behavior? 162205
  3. "Empty Recycle Bin" Is Always Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Empty Recycle Bin" Is Always Greyed Out: Hello, so I'm having a problem with my Recycle Bin (also known as the Recycle Binnary *chuckle). Every time I want to empty out the Recycle Binnary, I would right click on it, and press "Empty Recycle Bin" (refer to the image). But lately, that option is greyed out. (Before...
  4. Always move deleted files to recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always move deleted files to recycle bin: Greetings All, When I want to delete a file, or multiple files at once, I don't want file explorer to permanently delete it, I want them to always go to the recycle bin. Is there a setting or any way to turn off the "permanently delete" feature?...
  5. Deleted Items Not Showing In Recycle Bin

Deleted Items Not Showing In Recycle Bin: On the desktop there is the recycle bin. The following has just started to happen. Before when I deleted something, the recycle bin showed that there was something in the bin. Now when I delete something the recycle bin does NOT show that there is something in the bin. I...
  6. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  7. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  8. Recycle bin full of unknown files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle bin full of unknown files: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and just joined the forum. I just happened to take a look in my recycle bin, and it is full of hundreds of files, in addition to the few I had in there when I upgraded. I am running the Home version. Are these files a normal...
  9. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635
  10. Recycle Bin Status Bar doesn't always show total size

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Status Bar doesn't always show total size: Using Windows 10 Pro, version 1709. Normally, when you open the recycle bin & select several items, the status bar shows the number of items selected & the combined size. I discovered that if one or more of the items selected happens to be a file folder, the status bar stops...