Windows 10: Recycle bin association

Discus and support Recycle bin association in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click the Recycle Bin icon on the Desk Top I get a window saying - "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mopar3, Mar 20, 2017.

1. mopar3 Win User

Recycle bin association

When I click the Recycle Bin icon on the Desk Top I get a window saying -

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a
    program or, if one is already installed create an association in the Default Programs control
    panel."

This problem started recently.

I’ve searched all over Microsoft’s web site, no help at all.
    I’ve searched the on board Help on my computer.
    I’ve search the Net. with no help.
    I’ve tried doing what it says in the Default Programs control panel. I no help.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, mopar

:)

mopar3, Mar 20, 2017

2. ~ Recycle Bin Icon is plain folder & right click has NO empty feature ~

None worked.

I think a file associated with Recycle Bin might have been deleted.

Please list all files needed for Recycle Bin.

Win 8.1 needs Help, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Ghubmed Win User
    Can't empty the recycle bin

When I try to empy the recycle bin, right click on the recycle bin and choose empty, I get the following Explorer.exe error: "This file does not have a program associated with it for this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed,
    create an association in the Default Program contol." Any ideas as how to fix this. I can right click on the recycle bin and open it and delete the programs individually but not all at once. Please help. Thank You.

Ghubmed, Mar 20, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Recycle bin association

Did you make any changes or install any security software? If no multiple drives, you should only have one drive under it. Since there is no program associated with the icon in File Explorer, run this. See if the Registry fix in this will solve the problem. http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...indows-10-fix/

There is also this fix:
    Your recycle bin corrupted with no reason? Cannot find effective methods to fix and restore recycle bin in Windows 10? In this article, you’ll find effective solutions to repair & fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin and restore all lost data with ease. Read and find solutions now.
    Recycle bin stops working, warning me with “Corrupted” error, help!

"Have you ever met such a dilemma that the recycle bin stops working in Windows 10 for no reason. And the system keeps warning me 'Corrupted' error when I tried to use the recycle bin and get my deleted data back.
    Now I cannot delete useless files directly and I even don’t know how to recover deleted files? So if you do know how to repair or fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin and get lost data back, please help me. Thank you very much
    ."
    According to some Windows users, recycle bin corrupt problem mainly happen among Windows 8/8.1/7 and Windows 10 users. Here now EaseUS makes it simple and easy for users to restore corrupted recycle bin and lost data in Windows 10 or recover deleted files Windows 8 now.
    Step 1: Fix & repair corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin

Here are some fixes that you can try to repair corrupted recycle bin in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    Method 1. Run CMD to fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin

• 1. Go to Start > Click All Programs > Accessories;
    • 2. Right-click Command Prompt > Select “run cmd as administrator”.
    • 3. Type: rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and hit Enter.
    • 4. Reboot computer and then you can reuse the Recycle Bin again.
    If this doesn’t work, open cmd window again and type: sfc / scannow > Enter. System File Checker will check and fix the problem for you.
    Method 2. Delete all permissions, corrupted recycle bin and reinstall recycle bin in Windows
    1. Delete all permissions and corrupted recycle bin

• Go to Control Panel > Tab File Explorer > Click View;
    • Uncheck or unhide system protected operating files > Go to open each drive and you'll see the Recycle.bin folder and permissions with an additional recycle.bin;
    • Delete all the permissions, all the recycle.bin(s) on each drive and then Restart Windows.
    2. Reinstall recycle bin in Windows 10/8/7

• Right-click on Desktop > Select Personalize;
    • Click on Themes > Click Desktop Icon settings under Related Settings;
    • Check Recycle Bin > Click Apply.

bro67, Mar 20, 2017
  5. mopar3 Win User
    bro67, thanks for your help, however I have tried most of your suggestions.
    However, my problem is resolved. Several years ago I started a book that I call "Book Of Useless Knowledge" sure enough their was the answer, very simple.
    All you need to do is make a new Icon on the desk top. Works good now.

Thanks very much for your help bro67.

mopar

mopar3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recycle bin association

1. Recycle bin association - Similar Threads - Recycle bin association

2. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: Today I deleted two small files and when I went to the Recycle Bin to dispose of them there were 97 other items in the Bin. They were all dated today, designated as “Shortcuts” and their path of origin was C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft. Included in these items was an...
  3. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recycle bin: How do I empty the recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin/60ff5702-c2ed-495c-853a-ccf80d2af5cb
  4. recycle bin

recycle bin: I followed the instructions for showing recycle bin on my desktop, the box next to "recycle bin" is checked in my desktop settings menu, but there is no recycle bin on my desktop. I searched "recycle bin" in "my computer" folder and in my user folder, and it cannot be found....
  5. $recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    $recycle bin: If I uncheck show hidden protected operating system, the $recycle bin is seen. Is it safe to delete inside $recycle bin file? Its my first time and i don't know its safe or not....
  6. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  7. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  8. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  9. Recycle bin

Recycle bin: My recycle bin has gone form the desktop. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/1ecc9392-6e4d-452d-90f8-be9108c77f6e
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635