Windows 10: Recycle Bin content in search results

Discus and support Recycle Bin content in search results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was cleaning a second HD with lots of old files, starting with hundreds of images. To make my work easier, I set Explorer to show large icons. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Paultx Win User

Recycle Bin content in search results

I was cleaning a second HD with lots of old files, starting with hundreds of images.

To make my work easier, I set Explorer to show large icons. After I selected some files and deleted them, they were still there, showing names starting with $ and the Recycle Bin path.

So I had to delete the files twice for them to disappear from the search results, which means I deleted them from the Bin. No problem.

But is there a way to stop Recycle Bin content from appearing in search results?

TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.752

:)

Paultx, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Recycle Bin content in search results

Recycle Bin gone

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the help article below to show the recycle bin in the desktop and check if it helps.

Show or hide the Recycle Bin

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Recycle Bin content in search results

1. Recycle Bin content in search results - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin content

2. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recycle bin: I followed the instructions for showing recycle bin on my desktop, the box next to "recycle bin" is checked in my desktop settings menu, but there is no recycle bin on my desktop. I searched "recycle bin" in "my computer" folder and in my user folder, and it cannot be found....
  3. Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents: I have a Bee-link PC running Windows 10, with a SSD Before donating it to someone I would like to permanently erase the Recycle Bin contents if that is possible. I understand that having an SSD it presents difficulties -- could anyone advise me of what software might be...
  4. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  5. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  6. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  7. Recycle bin

Recycle bin: My recycle bin has gone form the desktop. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/1ecc9392-6e4d-452d-90f8-be9108c77f6e
  8. Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 News
    Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin: Greetings, I've noticed two somethings in Windows 10 for ages. I'm wondering if it's normal and the way things are. I'm using the latest of everything but no betas. FOLDER CONTENTS COUNT WRONG Suppose I want to know how many items are in the Documents folder. Or how much...
  9. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635
  10. DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Support
    DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??: I used Unlocker to get rid of ALL the "Protected" Files I had in C:\ temp folder from a NovaBackup Restore. ALL deleted files t into the Recycle Bin. I forgot to change setting in Recycle Bin Properties to Delete files and NOT save them. Well, ALL the files are now in...